Gated Communities in Puerto Rico now required to have a Security Guard and special entrance for Jehovah's Witnesses

by Alfred 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Alfred
    Alfred

As some of you may recall, on February 11, 2011 the United States Court of Appeals ruled that most gated communities in Puerto Rico violated the constitutional rights of Jehovah’s Witnesses by not allowing them unobstructed access to homes and thereby thwarting their right to worship freely. Not sure how the Watchtower was able to fool the US Court of Appeals, but there you have it… The next step in this judicial process is to determine how this needed to happen.

To that end, the US Court of Appeals has recently ruled that those gated communities in Puerto Rico that didn’t have security guards (i.e.: have a “tele-entry” key pad instead) were to hire at least one security guard who would be positioned at the entrance for the purpose of allowing Jehovah’s Witnesses free access to the community. Also, if the gated community does not have a pedestrian entrance with required walkway, the community would have to build these amenities for Jehovah’s Witnesses following certain specifications.

The problem that this presents for smaller gated communities (mostly middle-class) is that many of these can barely keep up with the maintenance required to keep everything in order (landscaping, cleaning, painting, repairs, etc.)… Now the Watchtower has managed to put additional financial pressure on these communities by forcing them to hire a guard who will do nothing but allow Jehovah’s Witnesses to enter. On top of that, they need to alter the entrance of their community specifically for Jehovah Witnesses.

Because of this, some communities have offered alternatives to the Watchtower that would allow them free access without incurring unnecessary costs… but they refused.

It’s clear that the Watchtower is purposely provoking a completely avoidable hostile situation in Puerto Rico that is already flaring up as can be perceived by the comments in the following article.

Article in Puerto Rico's main Newspaper

This is yet another attempt by the Watchtower to instigate the “Great Tribulation” and then scream: “Persecution!”

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Why don't all those in such communities claim they are a new religion that specifically does not allow discussion of faith with other religions or consideration of literature by other religions except in public places away from the home, as this infringes on their pure worship, so JW's coming in to their space is taking away their religious freedom.

• carla
    carla

All those people need to do is send a cease & desist letter each and every year. The entire community must send one for each address. Problem solved.

(is the address for the wt still correct?)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/153587/1/Cease-Desist-letter

Name

Address

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, Ny 11201-2483

NOTICE TO 'CEASE AND DESIST' ALL VISITS

Dear Sirs,

Please notify all members of your congregation that consent, implied or otherwise, to visit my property at the address stated above for any purpose relating

to the work of Jehovah's Witnesses or the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has been revoked.

I will consider any future visits to be an act of willful trespass and may prosecute to the full extent of the law, civil or criminal.

You must not visit on the pretense of 'updating records'. Check the electoral roll for up to date ownership information.

Notice has also been served to my local congregation located in the area of ________________________________________________________.

I shall hold you both severally and jointly liable for any infratction of this notice to 'cease and desist'.

You have been warned!

Respectfully,

• carla
    carla

Maybe someone who is able to translate it could send it to the newspaper?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Not a new thing...

the 40s and 50s were the heyday of JWs fighting for the right to annoy people without obstruction. It was their glory days and it is no doubt their favorite trip to court still.

oz

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

:..This is yet another attempt by the Watchtower to instigate the “Great Tribulation” and then scream: “Persecution!”

T he JW 'Warning Message' .
    How and why Jehovah Witnesses perform like a terrorist group.
    As an impressionable child I was phobic indoctrinated with doomsday preparations about the Watchtowers coming 'warning work'. That we would some day 'soon' be required by Jehovah our God to go door to door and declare to every home with a judgemental proclamation ,'that every man,woman,child is about to die horribly' and the only salvation is the JW who are no longer allowing anyone into their 'ark of salvation'. This very inflammatory hate message would incite jealous non believers to 'attack God's anointed' and provoke his wrath to bring about Armageddon with only JW who were obedient and trusting in Jehovah permitted to survive. Note:Many apocalyptic groups they to incite and hurry up Armageddon-Robert Lifton Cult expert

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/223201/1/Carrying-a-gun-out-in-service

Discussion of Jehovah's Witnesses packing a weapon door to door

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The "Cease and Desist" letter is a good idea, but if the court says the facility for itinerant preachers must be available, a guard to let them in, or special gates etc, then surely this must be complied with,entailing much expense, even if effectively you have stopped them calling.

Far better to show how the JW's insistence on their freedom is denying the freedom of others.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I live in a "no cold callers allowed" building. One sign was all it took to stop JWs from pestering my neighbours.

Maybe in England the dubs don't have "the right" to force their extremist ideas door to door.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

In ten years of watching the news streams and systematic web searches I have found no cases of Jehovah's Witnesses charged with trespassing/harassment?

There may be cases but no major media events,if I have missed them please point them out.

What we need is precedents of JW being arrested/tried/convicted of trespassing harassment.

JW are like bad weather everybody talks about it,no action is taken.The Police seek guidance from town attorneys and told to back off.

There was a LOT of tension with police and citizens fed up with JW 20 years ago when I was doing it, and it is just a matter of time before somebody goes ballistic on them.We EXJW's especially have legal grounds not to be harassed,especially if you are dis-FELLOWSHIPED this is all the more compelling case against them not to be cold-calling.

Any news of JW prosecuted for door to door harassment would be big news,and start the ball rolling.Once they are handicapped from going door to door the Watchtower lose this control mechanism this is the goal.The Watchtower cult has their dirty tricks of using minor children or sister senile & elderly as a human shield in difficult spots.This makes it harder to call the cops on them,so we would have to be prepared to point out to the police & courts that their congregation uses 'mentally challenged as defiant trespassers'.

They ARE door to door scammers,they always say that,'we are here to encourage Bible reading and a hope for the future' this is a LIE they are there to recruit for their destructive cult and have a counterfeit Gospel of Jesus return in 1914.They do not deserve any breaks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit