One for the lurkers, how sure are you that the JWs are right?

by Aussie Oz 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Got to pondering on the drive home tonight about some stuff i will say to my son, who at this time is thinking about whether to stay with JWS or not.

Two babies are born, by chance even on the same day. One is raised a JW the other as no particular religion at all. Time passes and they stay with their respective upbringings into the late teens.

Kid 1 (NO religion) gets into normal teenage strife, sleeps around, does a bit of dodgy shit along the way while Kid 2 (jw) is pretty much a good JW kid, keeps his nose clean and pleases mummy and the elders a lot but is not baptized.

One rainy night they are both in a freak head on crash with each other and both die.

Which one has the better hope? NEITHER. They have the same chance of a resurection as each other.

Now, lets say they missed that crash and lived on into older age with the big A not arriving and at 60 kid 1 is a pot head and kid 2 an elder... one rainy night that crash happens and both die...which one has the better hope for the future? NEITHER. They still both have to same chance of a resurection.

Lets play hypothetical some more and say that the big A is one day away and kid 1 dies after falling out of a tree with a chainsaw and 24 hours later Armageddon starts and kid 2 is killed by an angry mob as a good JW, which has the better hope for the future? NEITHER, they still have the same chance.

The chance of resurection only changes according to JW teachings if kid 1 was killed during the big A by Jehovah. Then who has the best odds? KID 2.

Hypothetical some more for a moment and presume they both live on to 99 and still no armageddon. Kid 1 has had a riotous life full of every adventure he could think of, denied himself nothing, maybe even turned into a miserable old fart while kid 2 stayed a diehard JW, denied himeself every pleasure that came along as from Satan and ends up kind of happy (or maybe a cranky disapointed old git too?) and they both ironicly die the same day in the same nursing home. Who has the best hope for the future? NEITHER! They still have the same chance as each other!

So lurkers, young JWs...If you are going to stake your entire life, your every dream, on salvation through a religion like the JWs

YOU BETTER BE BLOODY WELL SURE ITS THE REAL TRUE ONE.

Because there a quite a few religions saying EXACTLY the same thing! You owe it to yourself to do all the investigating you can, read all the stuff you are too scared to read, think all the possibilities you don't dare breath because the odds are NOT in your favour of being right.

Oz

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This makes perfect sense, and that's why GUILT plays such a pivotal role in this religion.

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

Dear Oz, I am not sure if the JWS are right, but I am very sure they are wrong, and that goes for any [Christian] religion. If they are wrong in one teaching, you can be sure they are wrong in others too.

You mentioned the Resurrection; there has been no Resurrection to Heaven since 1918 onwards [in staggered stages].

The Resurrection, of which there are [2], all of us will either come into one or the other. The [1 st ] is for those who have died in Christ. They will rise alongside those who are alive on Christ’s final arrival. They put on immortality, whereas the Great Crowd doesn’t. During the Millennial, those who have put on immortality will live on past this Reign, whereas the Great Crowd wont. There will still be sickness, death and rebellion. The Millennial Reign is only a Restorative Period. The names are not written into the Book of Life until the End of this period, until after the [2 nd ] Resurrection when all will be brought back [Hitler and Jaracz included], but only God can decide who will live on and who will not.

My point? The JWS who chose to [believe in this lie] will certainly not come back in the [1 st ] Resurrection because they didn’t believe in the [real] Gospel of the Kingdom. It will be decided at the [2 nd ] Resurrection.

All those that died believing in these lies, they died with a false hope, even all the kids that died refusing blood, they died [believing] they were doing it for God, but were doing it instead for their [Gods] and [False Shepherds] in Brooklyn. These False Shepherds, their hands are dripping with blood of very innocent people.

The Bible itself tells us that the onus is on us to check all things out very carefully, so as to be really sure [Acts 17:11, 1 John 4:1 Proverbs 20:25].

Since leaving the JWS, I have not joined any other group, for they are all pretty much the same and all cut from the same lump of wood, and as the saying goes, “once bitten, twice shy” or “measure twice and cut once”, and for those that are still in, and are [any] having doubts, better wake up and address those doubts now instead of paying for the mistakes later, in other words, [get out now while you can].

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

As for End time, we are not in it yet. This End Time thing is Middle Eastern Based. This is still far away. We are not the Generation that will see all these things. The Last Ruler of the World, he's not American, he's not Russian, he's not European, but comes from Assyria, and his Capital will be in Babylon [Iraq]. Even though these things are far away, the onus is still on us all to make sure that we are in the right camp for when the time comes.

As for the truth, the truth is that the Watchtower are not it, they never ever had it, and wouldnt kno it even if it stared them in the face. Everyone must search for this themselves, and in the words of the Watchtower, "make the truth your own", and this can be done by one making his own search for it instead of relying on what others tell them.

• Azazel
    Azazel

Oz well put point.

Az

• Yura Ivanova
    Yura Ivanova

The one born into no religion has [more hope] that that of a JW, because the JW'S hold fast to what their [false shepherds] in Brooklyn [tell] them that they [must] believe in order to get [salvation]. There is really no Judgement for [JWS] as the operation of error goes to them so they [believe] in the lie so that they really are the [instigators] and [creators] of their very [own] judgement. Glad I got out.

• clearpoison
    clearpoison

Well let's see how the weather conditions are, check. Direction of wind, check. Speed of wind, check. Temperature, check.

Today I feel like it's 65%

CP

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

When you put some more thought to this, Lurkers and apologists if you are reading, your salvation via the JWs is based only on the chance that at the precise time of armageddon, you are in an approved state with Jehovah. Anyone doing a 95% job you know is on very questionable ground, for you are told to be whole souled, 100%.

Seeing as you don't qualify for the heavemly hope, a life spent being godly does not come with a reward in itself for you.

Now, seeing as the whole end times prediction methodology comes from some 200 years of second advent date setting and changing, the JWs being in the same mould and equally as falable in predictions, again i say, you better be bloody sure of it if you plan on spending your entire life in service to to god via any religion including the JWs, because its a real slim chance that you will be rewarded in any way shape or form at any time. All those JWs that spent 90 or 100 years preaching and self sacrificing only to die with no big A, are no better off future prospect wise than a criminal executed for murder. Even jesus told the criminal dying with him that he would be in 'paradise'.

perhaps the bible writer put it best: 1cor 15:16

. 16 For if the dead are not to be raised up, neither has Christ been raised up. 17 Further, if Christ has not been raised up, YOUR faith is useless; YOU are yet in YOUR sins. 18 In fact, also, those who fell asleep [in death] in union with Christ perished. 19 If in this life only we have hoped in Christ, we are of all men most to be pitied.

even he recognized the problem, a life spent in service to a concept untrue is indeed a pittiful life.

oz

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Oz: Very good and thought provoking post. Everyone has the the same eventuality.

Kojack

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Oz great post, I've bookmarked this one, as reference material for my book "reasonoing with relatives".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit