JW Petty Stuff

by EmptyInside 2 Replies latest jw friends

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I had a nice visit with a relative of mine. He's very active in the religion, unfortunately. But,in conversation,(he has no idea of my fade),he mentioned some issues in his current congregation.

He didn't agree with the issues,but I wish it would wake him up. Briefly,an example of not accepting a pioneer application from a young man,becasue they felt he was too young to be dating a young sister in the hall. He's 18,so....

I mean what business is it of the elders. Of course,I know Witnesses only date with a view to marriage,ugh. But,this a personal view of one elder. Probably half the couples in the congregation married young.

But,my main view is if they really believe we are living in "critical times",in the "last days", why are they still focusing on trivial stuff. The brochure of what not to wear at Bethel is a prime example.

I've reached the point I can't stomach it anymore. Witness relatives are coming to visit next week and I will be outnumbered. Plus,they don't know my status. And I don't know how I'm going to get through,listening to the nonsense. If I hear in the "truth" one more time,I think I will scream,lol. I'm just going to have to keep busy,do the dishes right after dinner so I don't have to listen to their theocratic talk.

But,petty stuff,and petty disagreements in the congregations. And I see it so clearly now that I have woken up. Someone mentioned on another thread,how they create problems for themselves,by their silly rules. I agree.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think that you will choose to start seeing your relatives less and less. You will eventually have almost nothing in common with them.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Be prepared for them to sense that something's up. Try not to stress too much about it, but you may have them questioning you about your meeting attendence, witnessing hours etc.

And yes, they worry about the most petty things. I feel sorry for the poor 18 yr old guy. He's not allowed to have sex outside marriage, not even masturbate, yet he gets punished for daring to date! So so silly....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit