Worth Watching - And a JW Twist!

by Joe Grundy 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

About the only (UK) TV show I find worth watching is 'New Tricks' - a drama series about three retired detectives re-employed to work on old cold-cases. (It probably resonates with me because I am an old retired detective and can identify with each of the three in different ways).

I have just watched an episode with a JW twist and I can thoroughly recommend it.

I can't do links, but you need to go to Youtube, search 'n.t.e.38 part 1'. It's in six parts (total nearly an hour).

Hope you enjoy.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

Similar taste here, Joe. It's a great series.

RoC (South Wales)

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Hi Rob, and greetings from a wet West Wales.

This epi was particulalry interesting to me as I thought I recognised a (mock-up) WT mag early on! Won't give away more as don't want to spoil it. IMHE, of all the 'police' drama stuff this one gets closer to reality than most.

Cheers.

• dozy
    dozy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t0qx/episodes/guide

which one? should be on the bbc iplayer ( UK only )

• HenryB
    HenryB

Hi

When was this particular episode broadcast?

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

This was broadcast some time ago. BBC iplayer is only available for 7 days after broadcast and (I understand) is only available via UK based ISPs for copyright reasons. This is why, I suspect, it's on Youtube under n.t.e. for 'fan purposes only'.

Catch it while you can.

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Thanks for the thread, Joe. Love New Tricks. I'm in Melbourne, Australia, so we're probably a couple of seasons behind. Will take a squiz on You-Tube.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit