Reason for Rejoicing - The World is a Better Place

by Momma-Tossed-Me 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2012/0423/current-events-progress-war-reasons-for-rejoicing-paul-johnson.html

Take a look at the above article for some interesting facts to poke and prod your JW friends or enemies as the case maybe.....

MTM

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

No they will have an answer for this as well. They think that the Cry of Peace and Security is going to happen at a time of relative peace then all hell will break loose. You can't win with JW's. The WT has everything covered.

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

The article is correct, the world is a better place regarding things such as famine, life expectancy, health care, and absense of large scale wars. However for some Jehovah Witneses, they see the general breakdown of moral standards, along with increasing disrespect for authority, increase of crime rates, pollution and other factors as evidence that the world is not a better place.

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

One interesting fact that I picked out was the perpetual regional wars since WWII. There is no peace and probably never will be, as the Bible says that as soon as man says peace and security instant destruction will be upon them.

As long as there is some kind of conflict going on the hope of the big A happening is a moot point.

MTM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit