guilt tripping isn't working!

by thecrushed 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I had a MS come into my work today to encourage me to come back to the meetings. He asked me how I was doing and I smiled real big and told him I was doing wonderful!!! he was completely confused because I think I was supposed to be feeling bad and guilty for not going out in service and feeling like the wrath of Jehovah was upon me. He didn't know what to do after that lol Anyway have similar stories? I even had an elder ask me the same thing one time and I he said "no your not alright" and walked off.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aouw, that is GREAT!!!

Keep smiling in their faces - it drives them CRA - ZY!!!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Don't you know, the world is evil full of wicked men, controlled by Satan and his demons? Don't know you, the world is no place for a jw? Anyone that leaves wts is not happy and miserable. Haven't you heard all the experiences from the platform about all those who left "Jehovahâ„¢" turned to drugs, prostitution and other evil ways of the world and were all miserable until they decided to return to "Jehovahâ„¢" and now they are faithfully serving "Jehovahâ„¢" by pioneering and no longer depressed and doing satisfying work. Oh ya, many quit their full time jobs to enjoy the privilege of pioneering.

That's why the MS didn't understand how you could possible be happy by missing meetings and not slaving for Crookyn boys.

• Bobbi
    Bobbi

HEEHHE well played Sir!

Bobbi

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

My answer to "How have you been?" when they see me at the grocery store: "Never been better!"

You can almost see the shortcircuiting in their brains....

• 00DAD
    00DAD

When they see people leave the "Truth" and enjoy life it is confusing to them because they are indoctrinated that no one can possibly be happy outside the organization.

Good way to ramp up the cognitive dissonance!

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Another good answer for the "Encouragement" BS is to ask: "Thanks for stopping by brother (...........), but what makes you think that I am in any way discouraged?"

There is no rational answer if your appearance and attitude seem upbeat, but the fake insertion of the "Discouraged" state by propaganda. Someone on the fence may actually bite and try to answer the question to themselves...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Most don't believe it when u say things are going well. They don't understand how so they just don't accept it. Every now and then u do get a Kodak moment like that one

• 00DAD
    00DAD

JW: So how've you been?

You: Great thanks for asking, never better since I got out of that abusive cult! You should try it!!!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I like this scenario when I talk to my SIL.

SIL: Hey so and so from the hall said hi.

ME: What, they don't have my phone #?

SIL: What do u mean?

ME: I mean, the "friends" at the hall always say hi through other people, why not call and say Hi.

SIL: Well u could call them

ME: I don't need to. I'm not pretending to be their friend and show fake concern through others. I haven't sent u off on any "Say Hi to so and so missions have I?"

SIL: I thought they were being nice.

ME: Well that'll teach you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit