Still confused after all these years,,,

by marriedtoajw 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• marriedtoajw
    marriedtoajw

As you guys can see I don't post as much as I'd like to. Work hours and little family time don't allow me enough time to do it. As I've stated on some of my previous posts, also under the user name sahara, I still get confused after all of these years being married to a jw. I can't get over how little I really knew about this faith and how I allowed my wife's belief in it to over rule all of my natural instincts to do, I don't know, something. I question what I could have done differently to keep her from getting hooked in like the rest of her family. Intellectually I know that she has to make her own decisions but as a husband, I've struggled with the instincts to protect her from something I think is or will do damage to her. I think she knows very little if anything about the controvercies you are all aware of whether doctrinal or otherwise.

After years of going on summer vacations with my wifes family, all of it came to an end about 3 years ago when I put my foot down about my inlaws studying with my son behind my back. My four kids don't know the signs of love bombing, they just think they're being loved by their grandparents and aunt when we visited them or when my wifes parents visit us, her sister and brother in law haven't visited us in over 4 years, ever since the studying situation. We all use to do so much together but I could feel that it was all fake and I decided to take a stand against the faith and called them on their deception. Now, they could care less about me. How does someone just cut some one off like that because I had the audacity to take a stand.

I just can't get over it, just venting. Thanks...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They (and Jehovah's filthy angels) want souls at all costs. They will fake-love your children (and not necessarily sexually, but it is even worse) to coerce them into religious stagnation, and then cut you off when you resist. They will then take the children to boasting sessions, ultimately forcing them in field circus and eventually religious stagnation. You will not be able to get them back, since they will be brainwashed to avoid you like the plague.

Perhaps the only way to get around this is to use their own doctrines against them. If you are the head of the household, play that up when the others (wife, etc.) tries spiritually abusing the children. As they believe you are the head, you should play that up so you take the lead in how your children are going to be taught. That could mean taking them on vacation while the wife is at the Grand Boasting Session. It could mean taking them to another (or no) church, or even telling the witlesses that, if they continue usurping your headship, you are going to take the children to legitimate Satanism classes. (Instead of the corrupt religions that will only hold them back spiritually.) If that doesn't work, I would suspect that those fxxxing angels will only ruin your children, and they have a chokehold on their souls. And ultimately the angels will be responsible for their damnation.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Easy. Opposers are controlled by Satan. You are seen as an opposer.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Get a book from the library called 'Teach Your Child How To Think". Use it to teach your family, especially your kids, how to analyse information in a structured way so that they can't be scammed by any shysters.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I suggest that you not take a hardline stance against your children studying with Witnesses. Rather, be open and supportive. Also, get them involved in wholesome activities that Jehovah's Witnesses oppose. Make sure they play sports, go to their friends birthday parties, go trick-or-treating at Halloween, and have a wonderful Christmas.

As your children get older they will not want to go to meetings, go out in a door-to-door ministry, of give up fun activities for a control group. By allowing your children to study or go to meetings because THEY want to it gives you a strong foundation to support your children and oppose your in-laws when your kids no longer want to do it.

• anezthy
    anezthy

How old are the children? Are they old enough to be able to research the Watchtower and it's "blunders" on the internet with your supervision? If they are too young then just ask them what they learned with your wife's family and make it a point to discuss it with them asking them if it makes sense, and use what you know to make them think. This might kick-start their ability to reason by themselves. You have a right to question what your kids are learning just as your wife has a right to try to instruct them on her religion. It a difficult situation you are in my friend. Good luck to you.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Even if they are little they can ask questions about the flood and dinosaurs.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

If it's conditional, it isn't love.

• MyLastDays
    MyLastDays

Marriedtoajw you were right to stand up and not allow them to indoctorinate your children. I know jws put on a happy face but this cult is very destructive. Things like divorce, alcoholism, depression, low self esteem, are common in this religion. I was born in and when I left I lost all friends and most family. Your wifes family are decieved and will turn on anyone. Its just the normal way of life for jws. All love is conditional with these people. Sad situation. Stay strong and I am sorry you are having to go through this.

Best Wishes!

MLD

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

I wish I had had a father like you when I was a kid. I didn't have a chance. Keep it up and don't give in to this evil cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit