People leave the Org but don't drop the doctrine?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

My issue more has to with how the God of the bible wants us to endlessly toil and be a our dictator and control and snoop on every aspect of our lives.

Then you have issues way deeper than order of biblical facts

• erbie
    erbie

This is the real tester. To leave physically is one thing but to completely deprogramme oneself is something that, sadly, many will not achieve. I personally know some really lovely ex JW$ who just can't get the last dregs of doctrine out of their system.

It took me a few years even after reading Ray Franz's books and others. I'm not a hasty person.

After all this time though, I can honestly say that the whole kit and kaboodle is just a load of dogs bollocks and will never come to anything.

I really believe that and so I put my money where my mouth is.

It's all just an elaborate, artfully contrived scam. Keep on seeking truth and you will know that to be true.

I'd like to see it burn!!!

Anybody got a light?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

leavingwt:

Some people have left their cage, but not the zoo.

Well put. Very well put.

- Lime

• steve2
    steve2

It's like questioning why you rejected a fairy story. There's only ever one good reason: Because you grew up and realized you rejcted it because it's a fairy story. There's really nothing else to consider.

In every conceivable way, the Watchtower has the exact same stuff that is "found" in other religions - only it's added a twist or two all of its own. A bit like the difference between Pepsi and Coca Cola: Um, not much at all.

Regardless of the unique twists, the organization remains fairy- story centred and "inspires" fairy story mentalities (wishful thinking, the dependence of consolation and it's oposite, glee that unbelievers don't have what you have, "special"roles such as the GB, obedience so you can live happily ever after, etc).

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

I left for doctrinal reason. I always said that I became a Witness because I learned the truth through the bible and when I did actual research and found out the holes in their doctrine and their dirty past, I decided to leave. It took me a while cuz hey, it's a cult and it took a little while to accept that the Witnesses were wrong. I loved every bit of it but I reasoned with myself that I converted because I thought they had the truth. Now that I've learned that they were wrong, it would be hypocritical to stay.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit