High Speed Internet Cheaper Than Dial-Up

by compound complex 8 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Morning!

My phone company frequently has promotions that have the advantage of being renewable at the end of term.

Long distance unlimited - USA only - is $4 a month if you have no special features. Ultra high speed internet is $19.95 a month. I asked about dial-up, which is around $22 a month, but can cost far more if the customer has a limited use local plan and is online hours at a time.

What do you have?

Thanks!

CoCo

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK High Speed Internet (>10 M) is quite expensive.

I have a standard package (<8 M) in practice about 4 M but it includes free telephone calls 24/7 including many international destinations. It costs £21 per month. (TalkTalk)

George

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, St George, for posting.

Will check out conversion rate of pounds to dollars later as I'm interested in the comparison. I'm unfamiliar with the "M."

Have a good day.

CoCo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Don't forget your "message units" on the phone. If you are on a metered plan or use a long distance number, dial-up can add up to more than broadband.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey CoCo

www.xe.com for currency conversions.

1M = 1 million bits per second (1Mbps) = 125,000 bytes or characters per second (125kB/s)

(Assuming 8 bits per byte).

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

We have very high speed internet from Charter cable... It's $29/month, and we lease the modem for $7/month. Dial-up can be SO expensive if you have a plan that doesn't have local coverage and you end up having to use long-distance.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I have a 25Mbps/2Mbps from a local DSL company for around $80 a month..

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I have a 100 Mbps from my HD cable company for around $50.00 per/mth.

The modem is free and it has WiFi built into it which lets me have wireless inter-net throughout the house

• compound complex
    compound complex

Very interesting, my fellow internet users!

Thanks for your input.

CoCo hooks up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit