They never tell the "rest of the story"

by lv4fer 4 Replies latest social current

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Last night I was watching the 700 club (I was actually channel surfing I don't normally watch this) They were talking about how in France and in Denmark where they are making it difficult for Christians. What I found interesting about this is that they talked about how there was a Law past, in last year or so that has had a major impact on various Christian religions. They also brought out how they think this may be a new trend in Europe. They were saying how certain churches have had to close, christian schools, etc. They listed the various churches that it is affecting. Here is where the rest of the story comes in. They listed Baptist, Evanglical Catholics, Mormons, and Jehovah's Witnesses. Now what I find interesting about this is at the assemblies and in the magazines they have been talking about the ongoing problem over there, but the way they talk you would think it is just against the witnesses, in fact they make it sound like it is Christendom turning agains JW. But in fact that is not the truth. It is more like governments turning against Christendom.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Not against Christendom, myfriend, because these attacks are strongly backed or even proposed by the great churches, the Protestant, Catholic, whatever - it is a campaign against everything which doesn't quite fit in, which isn't according to the middle-of-the-road-Catholic-Protestant-Socialdemocratic-Capitalist way of life. By its cooperation with Cesnur, WTBTS clearly tells this is a danger for more than them alone, and you can check that out by looking at their official site as well, or the jw-media site.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

THey posted a list of churches that it was effecting and the ones I listed are on this list. They had one guy on there from some non-denomintational evanglical church, who is in fear of being shut down.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Old Hippie,

: WTBTS clearly tells this is a danger for more than them alone,

I can clearly tell you that the WTS doesn't give a shit about anyone but themselves, and their "cries" on the behalf of others is sheer hypocrocy. But then again, that is business as usual for the religious printing and marketing Corporation which claims to exclusively speak for God.

Farkel

• Room 215
    Room 215

Old Hippie,

How can anyone with even the slightest exposure to JWs seriously believe that the WTBTS cares about anybody but itself?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit