I love the Governing body - AND SO SHOULD YOU!

by irondork 24 Replies latest jw friends

• irondork
    irondork

For it is written:

Daniel's Prophesy, chap.17, p. 304, par. 27

They were given outstanding insight into God’s Word, being empowered to “rove about” in it and, guided by holy spirit, to unlock age-old mysteries. Jehovah cleansed them and made them shine spiritually, as brightly as stars. Consequently, they brought many into a righteous standing with Jehovah God.

w07 4/1 Loyal to Christ and His Faithful Slave p.24 par. 13 Another Scriptural reason for showing respect for the faithful slave is that anointed Christians on earth are figuratively spoken of as a “temple” that Jehovah inhabits “by spirit.” As such, they are “holy.” w06 11/1 Do You Share Jehovah's View of Sacred Things? p.24 par. 11 By means of his spirit, Jehovah ‘resides’ among the anointed and ‘walks among them.’ (2 Corinthians 6:16) He continually guides his faithful “slave.” (Matthew 24:45-47) The “other sheep” cherish their privilege of being associated with the “temple” class.

For more information regarding the splendor, majesty and granduer of the Governing Body, please see the Governing Body as they humbly keeps files and files of this stuff on hand. In the meantime, mind your privilege to be in the presence, nay, the loving association with such... divinity.

• Fernando
    Fernando

According to the Sanhedrin (Governing Body) "the anointed" is a select group of fallen humans (sinners) that constitute a clergy class that the laity (dumb sheeple) must bow down to and feed from.

According to the New Covenant scriptures "the anointed" (Ho Kristos in Greek) is ALWAYS translated as "the Christ".

Those claiming to be "the anointed" are therefore false Christs.

From this perspective the modern day Sanhedrin have also seated themselves in the seat of Moses as the mediator between God and man - a VISIBLE golden calf that like a drunken harlot lusts after the power, glory and authority due only to Jesus.

• zeb
    zeb

but the "governing body" (and the ""faithful and discreet slave"") dont exist according to the society's lawyers and stated so in a State of Victoria, Australia courtroom. The term GB and FaDS is just a convenient theological arrangement the lawyers said.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I was appalled to read your quotes about the GB’s view of themselves. I have been so busy in school and making a living that I had not read a WT since about 1984, about the time I read CoC (thank you Ray F.) I don’t remember them being so egomaniacal. I don’t know if I didn’t see it or if it has slowly developed since I left. Whatever the case may be, it is scary. I can’t believe the members of my family can accept this belief. It seems like they have deposed Jesus and borders on worship of man. Is this a new view?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

They have booted out Jesus. Recent JC committee, Elders explained how that tired old Jesus was "old light" and how Paul expanded on what Jesus taught and so Paul is "new light" They themselves are just "new light" on paul. They have booted out Jesus as mediator for the Rank and File and took his place as the mediator for the "christian congregation". They speak of themselves in the same sentences as "Jehovah, his son Jesus, and the faithful and discreet slave" All one breath. Several times in the literature they say to question them is to question Jehovah himself. Jesus is just a bit player.

It is scary. Search the WT CD rom, for Matthew 24:45, it is the single most used scripture. They teach more about how you need to follow them, believe them, obey them, be in subjection to them, etc than anything else. It is scary how much control they have over the members. They are treated and viewed as Godly. How many JWs do you hear, "come back to Jehovah" or "why do you want to leave Jehovah?". That's the beauty of information control, they can make you think anything they want. It does seem to be building however, they do seem to be more bold about it. Some of the recent literature is "you must obey the F&DS to have Jehovah's approval", stuff like that.

To them, these men and this organization IS God. They cannot separate the two. They see these men, and this organization as Jehovah.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Clearly you follow the bibles command to follow men and not christ! Men know how to direct their own step right? Men's thoughts are god's? Yes? The governing body is made up of men!! Perhaps you need to re-read your bible and pray for direction.

• irondork
    irondork

blond-moment: Search the WT CD rom, for Matthew 24:45, it is the single most used scripture.

Number of occurrences:

Matthew 24:45 = 1590

faithful and discreet slave = 11,807

governing body = 6408

organization = 17, 752

My light is getting brighter and brighter.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I find it fascinating that the GB is able to heap praise on the "faithful and discreet slave" saying that:

- they "shine spiritually, as brightly as stars",

- they are "as a 'temple' that Jehovah inhabits 'by spirit.' As such, they are 'holy.'"

- "the 'other sheep' cherish their privilege of being associated with the 'temple' class.

I can only imagine if they used those terms to describe the "Governing Body"...yet the GB is the only real, specific, list of names/people that we "know" are tracked as members of the F&DS. But because they're able to frame these statements around the FD&S, it's not like they're really saying these things about themselves...

I still remember having trouble defining what the FD&S slave was when I was going through my baptism questions (as a "spiritually mature" pre-teen able to make lifelong decisons). After the elder stumbled through a very awkward explanation/trying to get the right answer out of me, I asked him if that meant everyone in all the first century congregations were members of the FD&S. He said he'd never thought about it that way and that he'd get back to me. Now that I think about it, he never did....

• irondork
    irondork

respectful_observer: But because they're able to frame these statements around the FD&S, it's not like they're really saying these things about themselves...

I see your point on this. But they also say that members of the F&DS not of the governing body are not in teaching positions, quoting 1 Corinthians 12:29,30. In fact, they say that [other] " Christians who have truly received this anointing... do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special insights beyond what even some experienced members of the “great crowd” may have." - w09 6/15 The Faithful Steward and It's Governing Body p. 23 par. 15

With that position in mind, who else besides the governing body could they be referring to when they make comments like the one from the Daniel book above: They were given outstanding insight into God’s Word, being empowered to “rove about” in it and, guided by holy spirit, to unlock age-old mysteries. Jehovah cleansed them and made them shine spiritually, as brightly as stars. Consequently, they brought many into a righteous standing with Jehovah God.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The accumulative ending to all of this " We are the select ones chosen by god " postulation is that the leaders, past presidents, Gb members.. ETC.

have done this on their own because in doing so they cultivate power unto themselves and it also helps in their literature circulation and proliferation.

This is both a religious organization as well as a publishing organization, so its not surprising they would do this and do it continually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit