Jehovah's Witness converts to Islamic terrorism

by Celestial 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I guess there is not a lot of difference between, Spiritual terrorist groups...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Iran isn't in any position to attack Israel or the States. Netanyahu is a nut like George Bush and wants to start a war which could lead to extreme problems for the west and the U.S. in particular. You think the cost of gas is high? Well attack Iran and see it go into the clouds. That could mean the end of any possible economic recovery. Interestingly, there are protests in Israel against such an attack, and according to the latest news only 13% of Israelis want to go to war. They know the real probable effects on the U.S. economy and feel that if Israel were blamed for it, they could lose the support of the American people. But getting back to the topic of this thread, don't you think that being black and feeling discrimination in the United States is enough to make a person want to join a movement that strikes at the country? Surely, stand your ground legislation, various attempts to prohibit blacks from voting through recent state legislation, the killing of Trayvon Martin in Florida, the murders in Tulsa, and the fact that blacks have been hit hard by the recession is enough reason to want to hate the country. So to blame Jeh0vah's Witnesses for a person's choice to become a radical black Muslim is just not on. Let's censure the Witnesses for what they are really guilty of but not try to blame them for everything.

America can't afford a third war, but Israel may be able to. I am against war with Iran from any turf, but I can see why Israel is extremely uneasy about Iran's nuclear medical isotopes. I don't believe Netanyahu is war mongering, he's just concerned with Iran and company. A legit concern. How would you run Israel right this minute if you don't mind me asking?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    But getting back to the topic of this thread, don't you think that being black and feeling discrimination in the United States is enough to make a person want to join a movement that strikes at the country?

To take over the country you graduate from law school and join a secret society. Just look at Barack Obama.

-Sab

• steve2
    steve2
    It is like watchterrorism is just like spiritual terrorism to me.

Ask someone who has been caught up in physical terrorism if they'd prefer "spiritual terrorism". There's no comparison. If you add the word "spiritual" before a list of crimes, you could have a field day comnig up with new crimes: Spiritual murder, spiritual grievous bodily injury, spiritual shop-lifting, spiritual burglary.

To take a fundamentalist spiritual concept such as waiting upon Jehovah to bring justice to the world and warp it in a mind set in which believers stop waiting upon Jehovah and start bringing justice to the world is totally unjustifiable.

We can accuse the Watchtower and its loyal rank and file of many,many, many things. Terrorism is not one of them. To even try to fly the idea of spiritual terrorism makes a mockery of actual terrorism.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

steve2,

I agree with you that on the surface Watchtowerism doesn't support terrorism.

However, the black-and-white thinking, the idea that 99.99% of the world population deserves to be killed for being God-hating heathens is something that could be taken to the nth degree by someone who for whatever reason entertained such ideas that were originally started by the WTS.

I am not saying that the WTS teaches such an idea, just as mainstream Islam doesn't teach about killing infidels. BUT... it's the non-mainstream, black-and-white thinking that takes things out of proportion and becomes a fundamentalist terrorist.

• steve2
    steve2

I hear what your saying BP. However, with that sort of reasoning, we could make a case against a significant slice of Christianity, especially the nuttier variants such as that group in the States who publically and with ridiculous media-enflamed fanfare sought to burn the Koran and the other similar group who hold protests at the funeral services of American troops killed in Afghanistan. JWs, by contrast, are more bland.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit