anyone regret sending a diss letter or regret what they put in it.

by serein 2 Replies latest jw friends

• serein
    serein

when i sent my diss letter to my cong i was real fedup at the time with them calling on me every five mins,

they never ever gave me any space to think i felt rushed into it,

as i figured the only way i could get them off my back was to say never come to my door ever again and take my adress of the call list,

i do wish in hinsite that id just faded away instead,

as i feel real sad and what i put in my letter made me sound apostate when i wasnt and was such a shock to the cong,

but saying that i was going through alot of problems at the time also.

i do miss accosiating with them and if i could still be freinds with them well maybe one day i may have changed my mind but i feel ivtotaly done it formyself now.

just cos i have some dissagreements with what they teach dont mean i didnt like any of them.

i just needed space and time and my thoughts and my search for truth first,somthing they wouldnt give me,

• Flossycat
    Flossycat

Yeah, it's the guilt trip they send that often gets us doing or saying things we otherwise wouldn't have. In my mid 20s (I'm 53), I wrote a D/A letter - not because they were harrassing me; they weren't - I'd moved to another part of Melbourne where no one knew me. And I'd stopped associating with any JWs; hardly ever saw my own JW family, even. So I wrote the letter out of guilt, and defiance, and on top of that, still thought the elders had authority over my life. In hindsight, I didn't need to tell them anything. It's none of their business.

In your case I can see how you just needed them to get off your back. An dear friend who's now departed this world (and never been a JW or any religion) once told me: Never regret anything, no matter how much sadness, anger, pain; because one day down the track you'll realise it was the best thing to do 'at that time'. He told me: Even what we perceive as mistakes or wrongs we've made, are 'right' - because it's where we're at in our path in life.

Look for the positives at this time of your life that can come from this. Sometimes I make lists of the pros and cons of a given situation. Writing it all down helps - that's why this forum is so good:)

• I quit!
    I quit!

No, not at all. If friendship with them is based on pretending to be someone I'm not then it isn't worth it to me. Life is too short to spend it living a lie.

And by the way serein, they really aren't your friends if they won't accept you as you are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit