5/15 WT - WT Society Displays Condescending Attitude towards Marriage

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

As most of us know the WT society has always claimed that it's dissapproved in God's sight to marry a non-JW . Although they've never made it a disfellowshipping offense, any JW who marries outside the JW organization is looked at as " weak " or lacking " spirituality " and loses certain alleged " privileges " in the congregations. They use scriptures in the Old Testament as support for this. In this latest article that JW's will study at their WT study in time, it becomes glaringly apparent that the WT society is not only condescending but is hypocritical in views on marriage.

On pg. 4 paragraph 7 it states, " If a dedicated servant of Jehovah married an unbeliever , this would be an act of disobedience to God. A Christian who marries an unbeliever is NOT exemplary and lacks a real appreciation for God's gift of marriage. Entertaining such a union after baptism can cost one some privileges among God's people. And it would be illogical to expect blessings while admitting in prayer, ' Jehovah, I deliberately disobeyed you, but please bless me anyway. ' " O.K. So how does one show " lack of appreciation for God's gift of marriage " if they marry a non-Witness and it turns out great and they have happy marriages ?? !! Perhaps marriages work BETTER if they don't have Jehovah, er the ( WT society's ) blessing ?? It's VERY condescending of the WT society to claim that marriages will NOT work outside of their organization when JW's marry non-Witnesses. I know lots of people, myself included who REALLY appreciate their marriages outside the Jehovah's Witness organization.

Even the WT society writers THEMSELVES admit as much in this next quote that indeed non-Witnesses DO have " some " appreciation of marriage. Notice the quote, " Even many of those who have known little or nothing about Jehovah God and his wonderful gift of marriage have shown at least a MEASURE of gratitude for the marital bond. " O.K. So now the WT society ADMITS that non-witnesses CAN show a " MEASURE " of gratitude , but by their language they indicate that non-Witnesses could nEVER show the same gratitude for marriage as practicing JW's !

I find this information VERY insulting and idiotically prejudiced. Many, many people outside of Jehovah's Witnesses show ABUNDANT appreciation for their marriages without getting " approval " from God, the WT society, or anybody else ! I'm enjoying just a marriage myself for almost 6 years ! So how are all of you ex-Witnesses marriages doing ? You find it easier after exiting the Witnesses ? I know I do. Not as many controlling intrusions by the WT society ! I'm interested to get your takes and observations on this article. Is it any wonder our JW relatives and former friends views are so skewed and messed up ? Peace out to you all, Mr. Flipper

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Esther married out of 'the truth', and she saved the entire nation. Ruth was not 'in the truth' when she married a Jew, and she went on to become an ancestor to Jesus. The only two woman with books dedicated to them, violated this rule. Just sayin'

NC

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Oh yes the big scary monster out there. Hey I used to hear this crap as a kid, except it was racism. The blacks are moving in and will take your next of kin.

Even the WT society writers THEMSELVES admit as much in this next quote that indeed non-Witnesses DO have " some " appreciation of marriage. Notice the quote, " Even many of those who have known little or nothing about Jehovah God and his wonderful gift of marriage have shown at least a MEASURE of gratitude for the marital bond. "

Seriously, "Some" of them have a measure of gratitude for the marital bond. Do they just make it up as they go?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I know this sounds repetitive, but. . .

ITS A CULT!!

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I have some great friends in San Diego who have been together for 32 years. They are so happy together - just love each other's company. They just recently retired and are now making plans to travel the world together. But here is the clencher.....They never bothered to get married. They certainly do not have God's blessing nor the Watchtower's (which they know nothing of). They have great respect for each other (what else could you ask for?)

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    On pg. 4 paragraph 7 it states, " If a dedicated servant of Jehovah married an unbeliever , this would be an act of disobedience to God. A Christian who marries an unbeliever is NOT exemplary and lacks a real appreciation for God's gift of marriage. Entertaining such a union after baptism can cost one some privileges among God's people. And it would be illogical to expect blessings while admitting in prayer, ' Jehovah, I deliberately disobeyed you, but please bless me anyway.

Utterly ridiculous because they're not disobeying God, they're disregarding the Apostle Paul's council. Besides as Blondie has pointed out in the past, Moses amongst others in the Scriptures, didn't "marry only in the Lord."

Even the WT society writers THEMSELVES admit as much in this next quote that indeed non-Witnesses DO have " some " appreciation of marriage. Notice the quote, " Even many of those who have known little or nothing about Jehovah God and his wonderful gift of marriage have shown at least a MEASURE of gratitude for the marital bond. "

Something I've been thinking about lately..........the Scriptures state that a Christian is to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, right? However, JWs are baptized after repenting of their sins and recognizing that they're going to become part of God's spirit directed organization which goes directly against what the Scripture's states the vows are to be.

Considering that, if a married Christian of another denomination who previously was baptized with the correct vows, in a moment of rarity decides to convert and become a JW by reciting the WT's non-scriptural vows, they're essentially invalidating their previously scriptural baptism. That said, I wonder at times why the WT doesn't consider the previous marriage vows of their own converts from previous denominations as invalid? I mean the WT invalidates everything else that's convenient, why not the marriages of their converts?

On another note, considering that non-annointed aren't really the intended audience of The New Testament according to the WT's teaching that only the annointed are the True Christians part of the New Covenant arrangement, I'm under the impression that none of Paul's council really applies to any of the rank & file non-annointed anyway.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ha ha!!!

Shades of ol' booze-hound whore-mongering Rutherford...

I can't believe they're recycling HIS misogyny again...

"...but by their language they indicate that non-Witnesses could nEVER show the same gratitude for marriage as practicing JW's ! ..."

Ahhhh.... Yeah. With all those 'serial adulterers' in the congregations, the Witnesses are SUCH good examples of having "appreciation" for marriage...

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Even Witness marriages don't display evidence of God's blessings.

I don't believe that the writer's of that article has any clue as to what Jehovah is thinking about when someone prays to Him. To make that statement is presumptuous.

What is going on, is warfare against a losing battle. The ORG can't stop the interests of individuals who are shopping for a lifetime partner. This is such a widespread practice.

• flipper
    flipper

NEW CHAPTER- Exactly. Your examples definitely show that marriages work quite well when a non-Witness marries an alleged follower of God.

WHA HAPPENED ? - Very true, I've heard this crap since I was a kid too. The arrogance the WTS shows towards non-Witnesses marriages is ridiculous. That SOME marriages may work and show gratitude ? I think the WTS does make this stuff up as they go.

BREAKFAST of CHAMPIONS- It's a cult indeed.

MAGWITCH- Exactly, very true. There are some great relationships where people have never married for sure. Marriage is just a piece of paper for legality purposes . There are great marriages , but, there are just as many awesome relationships with people who never marry. Thanks for sharing that example !

NO ROOM FOR GEORGE- Good points you bring out . The WT society leaders would invalidate EVERYTHING JW's do if they could. Interesting examples you provide.

ZIDDINA- Very true. The ghost of Rutherford strikes again ! LOL ! With all the adultery going on inside the Witnesses they certainly are NOT paragons of virtue for sure.

QUARTERBACK- Very true, the WT society statements were very presumptuous. WT society doesn't have a clue what really makes good marriages work. For the WT society to restrict it's members to ONLY have JW's as lifetime partners or marriage mates is really overstepping personal boundaries of JW's. But WT society ALWAYS steps over personal boundaries. Sick. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

There are many elders who were once "unbeleivers" and married a JW. I know one who now conducts the WT. He was my brother-in-law. I wonder what he thinks? I wonder what his wife thinks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit