5/15 WT - WT Society Displays Condescending Attitude towards Marriage

by flipper 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Scott77
    Scott77

Mr Flipper,

I really liked this headline.

"5/15 WT - WT Society Displays Condescending Attitude towards Marriage" By the way, the WTS has no moral ground whatsover to jugde other's marriage. Afterall, many JWs I know of are really not happy. Those WTS writers who live in Bethel do not have the true , real-life family experience such as having children, bearing the cost of paying bills, fathership,etc. Their teachings therefore for me, should be taken with a grain of salt.

Scott77

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Their sarcastic hypothetical question was just plain mean. JWs aren't supposed to be sarcastic. :)

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I married, "in the Lord", to a pioneer and we didn't have sex before we were married. She just waited a few years before she decided to have sex with everyone she could get into bed. Yea she had an appreciation of the arrangement

• JRK
    JRK

The reason that they keep regurgitating this crap is that THEY HAVE NO NEW IDEAS! That is probably why they are cutting the Watchtower down to 16 pages.

JK

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The WT/JW religion models itself on the RC church and its practices. The RC church has long frowned on "mixed marriages", they want the offspring of any union to be brought up good catholics for the perpetuation of the cult.

The WT is also aware that now they constitute an "ethnic group", they have mainly had growth from within, and these young ones have married eachother, following the WT counsel. As one of my kids said "The whole thing is so bloody incestuous".

The WT are aware that a big pull to leave is an unbelieving partner, and that ethnic groups are watered down and lose their identity by marrying outside of the group.

The WT's only motive in this is keeping members, ensuring future members, and thus making sure the $dollars continue to roll in.

• nugget
    nugget

These articles are so annoying the perpetrate the myth that only JWs who marry in the faith can have a truly happy marriage. What they really mean is that if both people are in the organisation then they will bow to the silly rules and intrusions that all witness marriages face. Husbands will be allowed to reach out for privilege and will be supported to take low paying jobs so they can pioneer, wives will not complain if their husband becomes an elder and is at the beck and call of the congregation. Husbands will not complain about the wife wanting to wreck weekends and holidays with meetings, sefvice and restrictions regarding holidays. There will be no distractions and no conflict of loyalty.

It is another test of how well indoctrinated you are will you put your religion ahead of love and personal happiness. It is immoral to punish someone because they choose to marry outside a faith it is hardly the worst thing they could do. The society is obsessed with the minute details of a persons life really if the religion was so wonderful people would be beating the door down to get in these sort of commands would be unnescessary.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea they try to potray the JW divorce as a rare occurance. I saw aloooot of divorces. I thought the rate in was higher than on the outside. Also, it seemed like when the worldlies seperated. It was fairly civil and simple. Not to many crazy stories. But the dubs. Wow. u name it

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

The dating set of JWs prefers night clubs and facebook hookups...

guess where they will find their mate? an assembly? not anymore!

oz

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh gosh those assembly meat markets were pathetic. A bunch of hormone driven social retards with no idea how to talk to each other

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

They will all be interbreeding soon, and turning into mindless zombie drones........oh........wait a minute............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit