Children who are born to unbelieving parents.

by Inisc 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Inisc
    Inisc

So I remember a scripture, (I forget which one exactly) that is quite specific in that if a child has 2 unbelieving parents then god is going to kill that child.

But if a child has one believing parent then that child will be saved at Armageddon.

How is this fair?

i always even as a small boy found this to be utterly disgusting and not indicative of a loving fatherly creator.

Not to mention some people would say that some would get a kind of 'benefit of the doubt' such as the mentally handicapped as they could not be expected to gain an accurate knowledge of truth.

And also the unrighteous who die now will be resurrected later.

So, if your a bad person but die your home free.

But if your an innocent child and your folks are too busy to go to the meeting, your worm chow.

WTF!?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Inisc, it is obvious you don't understand the deep things of God. Do 10 Hail Mary's, mix with a Bloody Mary, and voila!

• Flat_Accent
  • blondie
    blondie

I grew up in a family with a non-jw father and a weak jw mother. At times she completely stopped going to meetings and my sibilings and I were convinced we would die at Armageddon.

*** TRUE PEACE book tp chap. 15 p. 174 par. 25 Why Care About Other People? ***God gives assurance that the young children of his devoted servants will be preserved through the coming “great tribulation.” Even if only one parent is a servant of Jehovah, He counts such young children as “holy.” (1 Corinthians 7:14) But if the parent were to “beg off” from doing the will of God, what then? Such parent would give up an approved standing before God not only for himself or herself but also for the young children. (Hebrews 12:25) What a tragic loss that would be!

*** g86 10/8 p. 27 Baptism—Is It for Infants? ***In the meantime, parents need not fear that the eternal welfare of their young children is endangered if they are unbaptized. At 1 Corinthians 7:14 the apostle Paul provides assurance that the children of a Christian parent are “holy.” This is not because of their undergoing some formalistic rite but because God mercifully extends a clean standing to them—as long as at least one of their parents remains faithful as a Christian.

*** w06 7/1 p. 26 par. 3 Youths, Make It Your Choice to Serve Jehovah ***

The Bible shows that God considers young children to be holy even if only one of their parents is a faithful Christian. (1 Corinthians 7:14) Does that make such children dedicated servants of Jehovah? No. However, children who are raised by parents who are dedicated to Jehovah receive training that can lead those children to make a voluntary dedication to Jehovah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

That logic is what gets drifted kids to jump back into the cult when they have had children with their unbelieving (and unsuspecting) spouse

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I have seen that too Black Sheep; I can happily say the occasions I have seen have lasted about 2 years and the family faded away. Even the pressure of pleasing mom was not enough to keep them in the second time. I would say the coolness toward the non-jw spouse contributed greatly.

• Inisc
    Inisc

Thanks for the quotes blondie.

It so horrific and distressing for young children to think they gonna be murdrered.

And then when your an adult and have a child of your own, dubs tell you to keep going to meetings or it will kill your baby.

horrible.

Why does nobody at the WTS seem to think this is terrible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit