An interesting twist on shunning - would they ever do this?

by therevealer 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tiki
    tiki

The relatives refused to visit them? That means they were pursuing their relationship with the worldlies...which means they weren't towing the line like all those quotes Blondie has so carefully plucked out for the group. It's just another one of those obnoxious little digs about how wonderful an example some unknown person sets. Absolutely no proof, just little carefully devised statements.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This experience in Awake 2005 9/1 p25 describes a family of Mennonites who became Witnesses . Shock and horror at their treatment from the old community :

A few days later, the church elders came to the home of Johann’s family with an ultimatum for the interested ones: “We heard that Jehovah’s Witnesses visited you. You must forbid them to return, and unless you hand over their literature to be burned, you face expulsion.” They had had just one Bible study with the Witnesses, so this presented a formidable test.

“We cannot do as you ask,” replied one of the family heads. “Those people came to teach us the Bible.” How did the elders react? They expelled them for studying the Bible! This was a cruel blow indeed. The cart belonging to the colony cheese factory passed by the home of one family without collecting their milk, denying them their only source of income.

Again , what would happen if the family went the other way???

• 00DAD
    00DAD

This is just ANOTHER example of the blatant hypocrisy of the WTBTS and their mindless followers.

They have no problem justifying behavior and actions on their part which they would loudly condemn if done by others!

Translation:

• When I do it, it is GOOD. When you do it, it is BAD!
    • I am GOOD. You are BAD!
    • Whatever I do is GOOD. Whatever you do is BAD!
    • My actions, beliefs and behaviors define what is GOOD; yours defines what is BAD!
    • Even if we think, believe or do the same thing, it doesn't matter: when I do it, it is GOOD; when you do it, it is BAD!
  • Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarked)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit