Great Quotes of Great Minds

by N.drew 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

"In some way however, small and secret, each of us is a little mad. Everyone is lonely at bottom and cries to be understood, but we can never entirely understand someone else, and each of us remains part stranger even to those who loves us."

"It is the weak who are cruel, gentleness is to be expected only from the strong. Those who do not know fear are not really brave, for courage is the capacity to confront what can be imagined."

"You can understand people better if you look at them no matter how old or impressive they maybe .... as if they are children. For most of us never mature, we simply grow taller...

"Happiness comes only when we push our brains and hearts to the farthest reaches of which are capable. The purpose of life is to MATTER - to COUNT - to Stand for something- To have it make some difference that we lived at all."

~ Leo Rosten

• JRK
    JRK

Never more true than this year:

" Politics is the entertainment branch of industry." - Frank Zappa

JK

• N.drew
    N.drew

Dear Dagney, those quotes caused me electricity! Wibble for my body feels tingly I might change the quote (if I may be so bold) to read

"You can understand people better if you look at them no matter how old or impressive they maybe .... as if they are children." For every person born will bear their child with them until they die.

Dear JRK, Maybe I don't like politics because I get to feeling embarrased for my fellow man. And who am I to feel superior?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit