too far gone

by truthseeker1969 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

I was wondering if any elders on board or anyone for that matter has ever heard anyone within the Organisation tell someone they are too far gone and could never change their lives and be re-instated?

I asked my brother who is an elder and he told me he has never heard it and he does not think it is possible for someone to have gone to far to be "rescued"

Your thoughts my learned friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

I have heard it said, especially about apostates HOWEVER it is not official org policy. The cult always leaves the door open for you to come back if you kiss enough ass. There is also warning in the new ks about being wary of reinstating people who may have an agenda... But again offical policy says anyone can come back, provide enough ass kissing takes place.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I think it may simply be a figure of speech to state that one is "too far gone." A brother in neighboring hall was gone for over twenty years. His son who's not a JW was and still is a very close friend of mine which made me privy to what was going on with his father. The stuff this guy was into was insane, and I'm sure that nobody who knew him or his family would have ever thought he'd come back. From what I understand when the brothers made the decision to reinstate him, he got so emotional that it caused the elders involved in his case to get emotional as well, to the point they had tears of joy. To be fair to JWs, I have to say that in this man's case being a JW is a good thing considering his background.

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

elderlite thank you. I have always wondered what the official position is.

i suppose they are not really in a position to tell anyone what they are since they are not able to know anything anyway.

it wouldnt surprise me if they started banning people from halls as i can see that coming.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I heard someone mentioned that pertaining to a ex-elder who plays a very active role in a church...helps with the choir ect..he was a dub for decades, now joins achurch and the JW's treat him like crap and say some darn demeaning things about him!

• designs
    designs

I saw a couple of publishers who were DF'd 5-6 times and always were allowed to be reinstated.

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

I believe you are too far gone according to them at the point you join another church or do the unthinkable and denounce their god. But thats about it, you can rape and molest even beat or abuse and its all goooooooood.

• TOTH
    TOTH

I never heard of it, but I know if they ever confront me I would tell them that I am beyond redemption.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

too far gone = those who learn the truth about the troof

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I spoke with a couple of elders about a sister who has mental illness, she was disfellowshipped, she would come to the meetings regularly, believed whole heartedly it was the truth .... but, she also claimed to be anointed ... they said "she will never be reinstated" ... ???? this shocked me, I wondered what right these men had to pass such a judgment on a mentally unstable person, denying her of what she thought was the truth and the association just for what seemed to be appearance sake, not wanting to be embarrassed by this ill person's actions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit