Would you buy a pack of of Tarot cards

by Star tiger 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

My Venezuelan MIL basically makes her living reading Spanish cards.

What do I think? SMH.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Not long after I left, I dated a witch who did readings on/for me as well as my astrological chart. I bought a tarot deck and played around a bit. Because it was "taboo" it was cool and exciting. But it was a phase and I've since lost interest in the subject. Too much woo

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Actually, Tarot cards had no spiritistic significance in the beginning. That was added on later. It was originally just a card game.

• blondie
    blondie

Predict the future? Been there, done that.

• nugget
    nugget

according to tradition tarot cards should be given not purchased and need to be wrapped in a specific material.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think all ExJw's should buy Tarrot Cards, Ouija Boards, an upside down crucifix, a book of spells and pentagram.

Then they should buy Professor Richard Wiseman's book "paranormality" to understand that these objects are just superstitious nonsense.

• Violia
    Violia

I probably have over 100 decks along with several Ouija boards/ books, and assorted things. I was into the new agey thing for a while but only used the cards for myself. I think they can be helpful for personal enlightenment . I am not fearful of paper and cardboard and ink. I do believe one could possibility get into trouble with the darker side of magic, but so far no harm has come to me from the spirit realm. I have currently lost interest in tarot and do not feel inclined to even pick up the cards. Maybe it was a phase I was going through as I left jws. At any rate, I am now just looking for something that will serve as a spiritual outlet.

I swear the jws obsess about the occult and create interest in it.

• talesin
    talesin

Cooool, Violia! And agreed, they are meant for enlightenment, not predicting the future.

and this from Nugget...

according to tradition tarot cards should be given not purchased and need to be wrapped in a specific material.

Yes! I wrapped my gifted cards in a cobalt blue (my colour) scarf shot through with silver and put them under my pillow for a month before reading. Also, tradition says that you should never loan your cards.

At the time, I figured I might as well go with the traditions, and like I said, it's been interesting.

My grannie used to read tea leaves, but I never got to do it with her because she died before I left the JWs.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit