It's going to get better, we promise...

by Knowsnothing 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

I've read a lot of Terry's posts lately, and while I am not as eloquent and creative as he is, I'd like to post what I am finally able to express with words (more or less).

Just compare what the WT says to the rank and file to what politicians say to prospective voters. Politicans are always promising something better. "The old administration was crap." "They mishandled (insert thing they mishandled here)." "We are going to make a change. We will make things better. That's a promise you can count on."

The thing is, human institutions are always more or less the same. Yes, progress is made at times, but there are always faults and even back-steps. Sometimes, it's not even faults, but outright devious, malicious activities that take advantages of position of power and opportunities.

So, when you hear those political campaigns promising something new or better, you are right to be skeptical. You've done seen it all. You'd like for the promises to be true, but the real world doesn't work that way. So, even good intentions are for naught at times. If you saw something wrong with the administration, hopefully you would be responsive and do something about it, as would be expected of a good citizen. Just because there was a promise made, and you voted for that candidate, does not mean you loyalties lie with the candidate. You want someone to deliver their promise. If not, they get the boot.

Bring in the Watchtower. The whole concept of New Light is precisely what I've outlined for politicians. They promise something new and better, "progressive refinement" as they call it, but rather just seem to run on and on in a hamster wheel. The "progressive refinement" is purported to always go forward, even when it goes backwards.

Here is the real stinker. Whereas politicans can be voted in or out, WT GB cannot. You simply have to trust they will meet up to their demands and produce "something better." But really, we just see the same old thing over and over. You can also disagree with politicans you yourself have elected, but not with WT GB.

The amazing thing is that looking back, you realise they've been saying this same thing for the past hundred something years.

And for the big one. This "progressive refinement" doctrine is a taken as a guarantee they will eventually get it right. This is what their whole authority rests upon. Their past is irrelevant. Their "future" version will be correct. They will keep you on the perpetual hamster wheel.

You threaten to leave the organisation. You have all the dirt on them. What do they say? "Jehovah will straighten things out. He always does. Things are going to get better, we promise."

It is a false assumption that misleads many. Remember, you have a choice. If they don't deliver, while you can't vote them out, you don't have to follow them either.

It get's better the minute you decide to do something about it. Don't put your life into people's hands you don't even know.

• steve2
    steve2

Battered wife finally summons up the courage to tell abusive husband she's leaving. Crying, he swears, "Please don't go! I love you and need you. I promise I'll change my ways. I'm so very sorry".

Moved by his contrition and promises, she unpacks and stays. After a few days of apologetic behavior, he returns to his old abusive behavior. He has no incentive to change because she's still there.

It's a vicious cycle. It's called the dance of death. When you realize you're in an abusive environment and change is unlikely, get out - and stay out.

It's really and truly that simple and it applies to the organization as much as it applies to intimate relationships. Get out and stay out. You deserve better.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

A promise is a promise and when unfulfilled it becomes a lie, even if the original statement was true.

WTBT$ has made promises after promises that never come to fruition, like a spree of bad check writing.

They know there's no "money in the bank" to back their PROMISARRY notes but that doesn't stop them; and according to the law a bad check, no matter how large or small, that does not clear is fraud.

The WTBT$ has been committing emotional and spiritual fraud for over a millennia now.

So why do so many, in or out, keep trying to cash their checks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit