I Had a Dream!

by iclone 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iclone
    iclone

Last night I had the most vivid dream. I dreamt I woke up in 1960, I sought out my parents and when I finally convinced them that I was their son from the future (nothing like carrying around an iPAD in circa 1960) I then tried to convince my parents to leave the JW religion. After much deliberation they both exclaimed that if I came back from the year 2012 and the system is still going on, then the best thing to do is walk away now! I was so elated!

Can you imagine what that would be like for all of us long time born ins. If only we could accomplish such a feat, what a dramatically different life we could have lead without constant fear and loathing our fellow man just because they did not go to the Kingdom Hall. The fact remains that all we can really do is make life as meaningful as possible with the reduced amount of time we have left on this earth. Remember the closing minutes of Titanic when it revealed all the adventures and fulfilling life Rose went on to live? That is how I feel, before I depart this earth I want to live everyday like it is my last and it WILL NOT BE carrying on this double life any longer. Maybe this dream was a message from my subconscious to let it go and stop trying to please everybody. Will people be hurt and shocked? Without a doubt; I have made up my mind that it is time to start living (more movie plagiarism). Now all I need to decide is not if but when I make my final exit from this farce known as “the Truth”! Rest assured it will be coming soon.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I'd like to go back to 1985 and kick my own bum.... but that's another story....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I would like to go back to 1964, in a park in Hertfordshire, but that is a story only I and the young lady concerned know about.

It would be good to be able to prevent happening what did happen to ourselves, but as all sorts of fiction on the matter has shown, doing so would be fraught with problems, even if they were only small ones like Marty fancying his own Mom in Back to the Future.

Perhaps it would work to free our families if we could use the Dickensian method, and take them forward to 2034, and show them the world then, with just a few really demented people claiming to be JW's.

• d
    d

I would go back to 1995 and change the fact that was raised a JW.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I’m also living the double life and know beyond a doubt that I will eventually leave/fade; I'm just “buying out the opportune time” (tehehehe).

I too wish I could go back in time.

First to convince my grandparents.

If that didn’t work, I’d visit my parents next.

If that didn’t work, Id visit my sister and I as children.

If I didn't pay attention, then I’d go to 1996 and let the teenaged me know YOU’RE RIGHT it’s complete crap; I would have listened then and it would have prevented me from getting flea-dipped (baptized).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit