12 WORST MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY DANGERS - DID BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS MAKE THE LIST?

by steve2 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

The latest Medscape Week in Review (March 7th 20120 publishes up to date research on the most dangerous medical technology dangers. These range from CT scans (increased risk of radiation over-exposure) to wrongful insertion of feeding tubes to "alarm fatigue" (i.e., nursing staff becoming "immune" to activated alarms that patients are in medical distress and needing immediate intervention).

"Sadly", blood transfusion technologies did not make the list at all. So, the Watchtower cannot jump upon the very latest reseach to bolster their prohibition on blood transfusions (and at the same time assert that "dangers" are not the prime reason for the ban).

The findings support feedback from my medical colleagues who work in the Emergency Department who point out that advances in strict pre-transfusion guidelines on blood screening and post-transfusion best-practice monitoring have siginificantly reduced complications and sentinel events (e.g., blood-transfusion induced deaths).

Medscape is a private subscribed research group. Inquiries: [email protected]

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Good to know, I always love their argument...."transfusion lead to slower healing times"....so death is better.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear blond -moment, I heard a similar load of tosh "Those who do not have B.T's leave Hospital earlier".

Thinking about that now, my reply would be, "Yes, lots of them in a casket".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit