Troy Barnes should be Disfellowshipped

by I Want to Believe 4 Replies latest social entertainment

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Anyone else watch Community? I love the show, and it just happens to have the only openly JW lead character in the history of TV. But whenever they'd bring up that Troy was a JW I'd cringe a little, back then because how easily he would go against those beliefs and now because of how innocent they make it out to be. So I think they should have Troy's secret worldly ways come out to his family and have an episode where he's disfellowshipped and all the crazy other things that being a hardcore JW entails, much like they did with Pierce's religion. It would be a great expose, and there's endless comedy to be had from JW tomfoolery.

I wonder if the show's producers accept spec scripts?

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

One of my favorite shows. But since he's "Jehovah's Most Secret Witness I don't think the congregations would ever find out about his shenanigans. Also, I doubt he's baptized. I'm sure he was just raised as a WI\itness, and as such and identifies himself as a witness because of his beliefs; but like most JW teens doesn't give two ***** about his spirituality. He faded before even baptizing. And associating with a muslim!?!?! Surley I was the only baptized JW to ever do such a thing!

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I wonder if any elders use Troy as an example: "See? This is what happens when you go to college, even community college!"

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There was an article about it that generated a ton of comments here. I got kind of hot and heavy into it, since it ticked me off that the JWs were just doing "drive-by shootings," popping into the thread to say the article was full of lies and misinformation without actually specifying any lies or misinformation, then disappearing when they were challenged.

• baltar447
    baltar447

That article was written by a friend of mine and former forum member(fader), but it was printed under a different name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit