Most Jehovah's Witnesses dont want ex-JWs, dis-fellowshipped, disassociated to be successful!!!

by Joliette 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Jehovah created the moon, the stars, the sky, so if he did that, he can find another job for you.

Not before you lose your home though. Happened to me. Twice.

Going back to school improved the situation.

W

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ LOL Finally Free.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I’m a single woman who owns a home and a business, I take care of myself and do what I deem best for me; for this reason I get looks like I'm the devil incarnate.

The only difference between the hate when you’re in or out is, when you’re out, they can gloat about it.

And all of this brought to you by Jahoover’s (ahem cough) loving borganization.

• biometrics
    biometrics

I remember when I was young two older brothers (in their 30s) talking about someone who left the truth. The converstation went something like this:

Brother 1: Have you heard about XXX he left the "Truth".

Brother 2: Yes, I heard he's making a lot of money.

Brother 1: Satan has used material gain as a trap for him. Did you see the sports car he drives now.

Brother 2: Sister X said he was only renting that car.

Brother 1: Really. He came to the KH in it last week. I bet he's just trying to show it off in front of all the brothers.

Brother 2: Yeah that's probably it. I doubt he is doing that well, he's only been in business for 2 years now.

Brother 1: It's a shame he has to resort to that. Who does he think he's fooling anyway.

Brother 2: Isn't it great that the organisation protects us from showy displays of wealth. We'll have our reward in the New System of Things.

Brother 1: Yes, who'd want to give up paradise forever for a sports car and a flashy house.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I remember the "friends" talking about the awful, terrible things that befell those who left the "truth". they sounded sort of pleased whenever something bad happened to a former witless. I never heard any reports of good things happening to anyone who left.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

As my teen age child prepares to escape the JWs one thing i did mention was this subject.

It almost behooves her to live a better than average life just to give em the finger. Stay away from drugs and over drinking, and any dodgy stuff. They cant stand it when one who leaves has a better life than them, and proves the WT to be a great liar.

Oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit