LOVE-BOMBING TRAINING just before the Memorial

by Alfred 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

The last Memorial I attended was in 2010 and I haven’t been to the KH since June of 2010... But when I was in, it seemed like every year, usually 1 or 2 weeks before the Memorial, the Service Meeting would have a skit on how to behave when new faces enter the Kingdom Hall on Memorial night.

It was always extremely painful for me to watch (and sometimes humorous) because the elder in charge of that Service Meeting part would usually select 4 of the grumpiest elderly sisters in the congo to do the skit. One pair of sisters would play the part of the "love-bombing" JWs and the other pair would play the “interested ones” entering the KH for the first time. Then they would switch roles and change up the script a little.

I always thought to myself: “Those sisters are NEVER going to put that into practice… they’ll show up late before even thinking of love-bombing anyone.”

But the part of the skit that I always found most ridiculous and pointless was the part where the love-bombing sisters offers the “interested ones” a tour of the KH… I Thought: “Really?... WTF? Are they going to get lost going to the bathroom?” How incredibly stupid…

But I could see that this particular Service Meeting part (just before the Memorial) was viewed as a golden opportunity by some of the elders to provide much-needed Love Bombing Training to the antisocial JWs in the congo. However, it only made everyone in the hall cringe and never yielded the desired effect.

But I’m curious to know if this Love Bombing skit in the Service Meeting just before the Memorial is a standard world-wide practice… if so, was it ever used in your congo to “train” the antisocial brothers?

Looking forward to reading your comments!

Thanks

• Alfred
    Alfred

I guess this only happened in my congo...

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

We were told to be on our best behavior, car pool so there would be ample parking and dress appropriately so as not to stumble new ones. And we were also told not to socialize too much after the Memorial because the second congregation ( we shared a hall) needed to arrive and prepare for their Memorial.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yeah many halls have to double or triple up so when is there time to love bomb?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ugh. I was never one for the love-bombing. Our visitors were usually somebody's "cat lady" study that smelled like a litterbox, a scary guy just out on parole that the pioneers started studying with when he was in jail, etc. Suddenly they were supposed to be my new bestest friend just because they came in the KH?

• watson
    watson

LOL, Billy.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I cannot remember ever having a skit like that, or being told to welcome strangers to the memorial. It's not like folks were just walking in off the street anyway, new people were just worldly family, inactive people, and studies.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Try love-bombing this...

cat lady

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah love bombing at its best

cults

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

@Billy: Soooo true LOL

I also find it amusing that the love-bombing is done by one’s that NEVER speak to new people and they are always the most pious witlesses that give everyone else dirty looks any other time!

But hey, Jesus died so let's all play nice and happy for one night, OK? (I just gagged a bit)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit