Dissertation Research: Looking for participants

by socstu 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• socstu
    socstu

Hi there,

My name is Luke and I am a final year sociology undergraduate, I’m currently conducting research for my dissertation on the Jehovah’s Witnesses.

More specifically I’m interested in speaking with people between 18-25 to understand what it is like growing up as a Jehovah’s Witness, and how it impacts their lives after they leave. More specifically, I’m interested in understanding how young people balance living in a strict religion whilst attending secular schools and surrounded by the ‘world.’

My interest in this subject is based upon my own experiences of growing up a Jehovah’s Witness. Having left the religion in my mid-teens I wanted to understand how others in a similar position faired in their departure and ‘new life.’

Please if you are, or know someone, who is between the ages of 18-25 and have now left the religion, contact me on this forum. I cannot offer any incentives to participate but can reassure you that all information will be kept strictly anonymous.

If you have any more questions or interest in the research I’d be happy to discuss it.

Thanks for your time,

Luke

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Expect a private message very soon. :)

Tim :)

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Sent... check it. Message back if you need anything! :)

• socstu
    socstu

Is it too soon to unashamedly bump this topic? I'm sure there's got to be a few more people interested in helping.

Thanks again Tim for volunteering.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Bump!

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Luke,

Best wishes with the dissertation (if still busy) and course.

Our family of 4 left after 4 decades and 4 generations. Not in the ages you require though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit