An open apology

by I Want to Believe 4 Replies latest jw friends

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

No real need for anyone to respond; I just have to put this out there. It's kind of a step in my recovery.

I have to say I'm sorry to anyone I've hurt in my life because of my upbringing. I'm sorry, Robert, Steven, Bertie, Betty, Judy, and any other family members I have had to shun over the years, or simply kept at arm's length to avoid treating like family.

I'm sorry Ivan, Angie, Joe, Jessica, Hannah and everyone else who's ever repeatedly extended friendship to me only to have me coldly decline because you were a bad influence.

I'm sorry Kendra and any others I treated with disrespect for my former beliefs.

I'm sorry Christina, Joanna, Daniel, and any others I may have pushed toward the organization.

I'm sorry Ilsa, Jim, Stephen (Jeannie?) and all the rest who faded before me. I wish I would've noticed. I wish I would've known.

And a final apology to all my friends and aquaintences who are still in: I'm sorry I can't come back, and I'm sorry I can't get you out. I can only hope that some of you find your way out into true freedom at some point. I'll be here waiting and watching for you.

• cedars
    cedars

I Want to Believe - I am sure you realise that there is no need to apologise. You were a victim, and they are victims. It's that simple.

However, I hope you derive some therepeutic benefit from writing the above and putting it "out there".

Wishing you well...

Cedars

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I agree with your sentiments I want to believe

• cantleave
    cantleave

And a final apology to all my friends and aquaintences who are still in: I'm sorry I can't come back, and I'm sorry I can't get you out. I can only hope that some of you find your way out into true freedom at some point. I'll be here waiting and watching for you.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Leave the past where it is. You can move forward now into your future a new person with eyes wide open......a lovely honest, heartfelt post, Im wishing you all you wish for yourself x Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit