Some apostates are sociopaths

by myusername 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• myusername
    myusername

That is a controversial title to this post. I think most apostates are kind-hearted people who want to warn others about this organization and help others get out of it. However, some JWs are sociopaths. They're still sociopaths when they become apostates. I know of one apostate who is a sociopath. The apostate activity is to be in the limelight. This person has an empathy disorder and is dangerous to people who may get close. Luckily, he has some obvious red flags if the people aren't damaged enough or have the intelligence to pick them up.

• baltar447
    baltar447

So some people are sociopaths? Big deal, I'm sure a small percentage of the populace are sociaopaths.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I agree but they were as JW's too

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

However, some JWs are sociopaths. They're still sociopaths when they become apostates.

yes it's a disorder, they (the sociopaths) always will be.. a true sociopath is some what rare, and hard to detect.. it's not as outward as you may think.. serial killers are true sociopaths..

TT

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Some JWS are sociopaths , I've known a few !

Profile of the Sociopath

Glibness and Superficial Charm

• Manipulative and Conning
      They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.
    • Grandiose Sense of Self
      Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."
    • Pathological Lying
      Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.
    • Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
      A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.
    • Shallow Emotions
      When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.
    • Incapacity for Love
    • Need for Stimulation
      Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.
    • Callousness/Lack of Empathy
      Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.
    • Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
      Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.
    • Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
      Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.
    • Irresponsibility/Unreliability
      Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.
  • 00DAD
    00DAD

thetrueone, wow, after reading your posting, "Profile of the Sociopath", I'd have to conclude that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses are all sociopaths!

Think about it!!! Almost every one of those characteristic descriptions fit them to a "T" and of the others, well who's to know ... ?

If the shoe fits ...

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

00DAD... great point ... I see it too... think of all the people they have KILLED ....

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

You did not state your name, professional address, credentials and notes to make such a statement. It makes sense that a small portion of apostates are sociopaths. I state from my gut, just as you stated from gut only, that an even larger percentage of Witnesses are sociopaths. Mental illness and personality disorders are biological in part and heavily determned by circumstances. Mental illness is an equal opportunity affliction. It afflicts the high and the low. Further, it has no ideological pattern.

The answer is "so what?"

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

JWs pray for God to send rocks raining down to destroy billions of innocent men, women, and children.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

yeah, some apostates are sociopaths. ? So? Don't make a logical fallacy and assume the two are connected.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit