study article?

by just Ron 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• just Ron
    just Ron

8 years or so ago there was a study that said the publications were written for the anointed. The r&f were supposte to follow closely because they wanted to have a share with them. Been searching but unable to locate in wtcd. Any good search ideas to find this article?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Revelation, it's Grand Climax at Hand pp. 317-318
    "Yes, these words are primarily "for the congregations." This is a message, first of all, for the congregation of anointed Christians on earth. Everything in Revelation is addressed primarily to anointed Christians, who will inhabit New Jerusalem. Through that congregation, the great crowd is also privileged to gain understanding of these precious prophetic truths."

United in Worship p.111
    "Special attention was being given to making up the government that would rule mankind for 1,000 years, andnearly all the inspired letters in the Christian Greek Scriptures are primarily directed to this group of Kingdom heirs - "the holy ones," "partakers of the heavenly calling."

Watchtower 1974 June 15 p.376
    "Also, it is to the spirit-anointed Christians who will rule in that kingdom that most of the Christian Greek Scriptures is directed, including the promises of everlasting life."

Watchtower 2002 February 1 p. 23
    "All of this should impress upon the minds of the other sheep why the Christian Greek Scriptures focus so much attention on Christ and his anointed brothers and their central role in the outworking of Jehovah's purposes. The other sheep therefore consider it a privilege to support in every way possible the anointed slave class while awaiting "the revealing of the sons of God" at Armageddon and during the Millennium."

• just Ron
    just Ron

Thank you Jwfacts I will start with these. which will probaly lead to my next ? which is if it is just for them then why do I care or even bother to read the bible?

I think it is the 2002 one it was a watch tower study.

• Ding
    Ding
    "All of this should impress upon the minds of the other sheep why the Christian Greek Scriptures focus so much attention on Christ and his anointed brothers and their central role in the outworking of Jehovah's purposes."

How about, "All this should impress on the minds of JWs that the two class system was a 20th century invention of Rutherford, not a teaching of the apostles"!!!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

why do I care or even bother to read the bible?

Exactly, all you need is the Watchtower and Awake.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I find it incredible how I never picked up on the presumptuousness of this org.while I was a jw ".The N.T.(christian greek scriptures) was compiled only for the few individuals at any one time throughout the centuries,culminating in an ever growing number of partakers in this century" ????

Though I must admit warning bells did start to occur when the revelation book applied scriptures to conventions held in the 1920`s as fullfilling prophecy.

smiddy

• cantleave
    cantleave

The bible is just an organisational book. No interest to the lowly great crowd.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Thanks for the excellent quotes, Jwfacts. My impression is the other sheep is cheap (slave) labour - limited usefulness.

• just Ron
    just Ron

@jwfacts Now I see the brain washing more with your last statement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit