Just a Thougth - Since all say they are the only truth, why not choose the best salvation plan?

by DilemmaGF 9 Replies latest jw friends

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

I was thinking, since all the Christian denominations (mainstream; unitarians; modalism; JWs etc) claim themselves/their teaching to be the only truth, it would easier to make a decision to choose the best salvation plan and if it turn out to be wrong, minimize the severity of the consequences :)

Since I only know about the Trinitarians (I'm in) and the JW, I think the trinitarian plan of salvation would much better than the JW. Why? Salvation by grace, not works (true, I don't I can ever live up to God's standard), and I got to go and stay in heaven. As compared to the JW, only 144,000 can go to heaven and the rest will have to stay in paradise on earth.

If the Trinitarian doctrine is wrong, then what will happen is that I'll be ressurected and kill by God at Amageddon - that's it! I'll die a horrible death and that's it, because according to the JW, there is no hell, God is too loving to put people in hell (by the way if He is that loving, then why have to ressurect the dead just to kill them again???)!! On the other hand, if I choose the JW's doctrine, and it happen to be the wrong one, my punishment will be severe - eternal torturing and suffering in HELL.

So I guess I am in the right boat. What say you?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Why would you assume that a Christian group might have it right?

Would you be assuming that if your Mummy wore a burka?

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

I was saying since all claim they have it right.... I'm not assuming, please read carefully.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

.. and like I say, just a thought, no need to accused or pointing at anyone.

• zzaphod
    zzaphod

Well there`s one thing I`m sure of - the JW way is wrong, on so many levels.

The Orthodox Christian canon on The Trinity, was settled in the early centuries AD .

The JW`s have constantly changed their teaching from day one, and continue to do so

Also an eternal life in a world full of JW`s is my idea of Hell

Paul UK

• Fernando
    Fernando

One can find the Watchtower agreeing in their publications that salvation is by grace (undeserved kindness). Being spiritually confused they do of course contradict themselves. Their followers also do not testify, practice and embrace grace since it is not in their heart.

On faith vs works the Watchtower practices the latter.

On law vs grace the Watchtower practices the former.

Question to a Watchtower follower - please name and explain the ingredient of the "good news" referred to in Acts 20:24 (your 2009 year text was based on this scripture). Their pitiable spiritual condition is revealed when they can't see what is right in front of them - how sad.

• designs
    designs

One religion calling another religion wrong

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL. It's probably better to throw the Bible away and be a hippy, living in the trees. Then if you meet some supernatural being in the event of your unfortunate demise, you can always plead ignorance.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    So I guess I am in the right boat. What say you?

What I'm saying is, should we let an accident of birth decide which boat/fleet we are in?

It doesn't seem like a sound foundation for making any guesses to me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I prefer the Atheist's Wager . (You can do it as an Agnostic too)

It involves absolutely no effort on my part, having decided on it, I need not think of it any more, and being a lazy old sod that suits me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit