On giving blood

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Diest
    Diest

How about that...a number I had never seen before regarding exchange transfusions. From Wiki

The first treatment for Rh disease was an exchange transfusion , which was invented by Dr. Alexander S. Wiener . That procedure was further refined by Dr, Harry Wallerstein, [4] a transfusionist. Although the most effective method of treating the problem at the time, it was only partially ameliorative in cases where damage to the neonate had already been done. Children with severe motor damage and/or retardation could result. However, it is estimated that in the two decades it was used approximately 200,000 lives were saved, and the great majority were not brain damaged.

So 200k lives were saved by blood transfusions, just for this one disease. The only modern cure from Rh disease comes from plasma....striking. Looks like I need to go out and donate.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

A Blood transfusion to Watchtower leader is like psychiatry to a Scientologist. Contact the Red Cross on line to find the location of a blood drive near you. Give the gift of life! EIGHTY percent of Jehovah's Witnesses will sneak a blood transfusion http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/208719/1/80-Accept-Blood-Transfusion

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Amen!

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Garyneal, you have my number.

Dogz

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Apocalyptic cult
    These two words define the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Many of their issues and problems are reckoned to be solved and dissolved with the impeding end of the world apocalyptic Armageddon.
    In year 1945 the Watchtower president decreed that blood transfusions were 'eating of blood' under O.T. Kosher law.
    At that time 100% of the tiny Jehovah's Witnesses expected Armageddon any moment they NEVER imagined that the JW would grow to 7 million in 2012 with no end of the world in sight.The JW leadership (Gene Smalley) NEVER imagined that tens of thousands of followers would go on to perish because this *Satanic system* is still hanging on and hasn't come to an end yet..

Because they are an apocalyptic cult they think the end of the world is going to fix all their problems and make them go away.This apocalyptic mentality permeates everything JW even with individuals getting into deep financial debt,expecting Armageddon to free them.

So, meantime they have watered down the no blood dogma and latched on to medical advances like *artificial blood* and surgical blood conservation methods even plagiarizing credit for it.Most of these bloodless advances are due to SHORTAGES in the blood supply not because the Jehovah's Witnesses have *pioneered* a better way.

The Watchtower society governing body is in a tight fight for it's life not to be liability sued out-of-existence, hoping medical miracles like artificial blood will *deliver them from evil*.
    All because they are an apocalyptic cult.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

WOW LOOK AT THIS Cost of Jehovah's Witnesses refusing blood could treat 25,000 in Africa! BMJ 1999;318:873 ( 27 March )Letters Costs incurred by one severely ill Jehovah's Witness could run one unit in Africa for one year EDITOR Minerva reports that a Jehovah's Witness survived emergency surgery for a leaking abdominal aneurysm despite havinga postoperative haemoglobin concentration of only 30 g/l; he spent14 weeks in hospital.1Those of us who work in rural Africacan only wonder how much it cost in the face of claims of rationingand cost cutting in the NHS. Such a stay must easily have costa six figuresum. Here in Uganda for £250 000 a year we can treat 25 000 outpatients and 7000 inpatients, conduct over 1000 deliveries, andperform 1500 operations. We run a community health programme for500 000 people. The costs incurred by this one patient might runour unit for a whole year. Will the time come when a religiousgroup will be charged the costs of keeping its members alive?Ethically one may feel that one should do everything, whateverthe cost; at the end of the financial year, however, electivesurgery that could be life improving has to becancelled. The choice is easy here in Uganda. When a child who has severe anaemia from malaria with hookworm infestation and undernutrition comes in the choice is simple: he or she has a transfusion ordies. Nicholas Wooding , Medical superintendent. Kiwoko Hospital, PO Box 149, Luweero, Uganda Minerva. BMJ 1998; 317: 690 . (5 September.) http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/318/7187/873/a Link is still hot

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I'm not sure if this has been quoted:

"Although Christians do not donate or store their own blood for transfusion purposes, some procedures or tests involving an individual’s blood are not so clearly in conflict with Bible principles. Therefore, each individual should make a conscientious decision as to whether to accept or to reject some types of medical procedures involving the use of his or her own blood.

When making such decisions, ask yourself the following questions: If some of my blood will be diverted outside my body and the flow might even be interrupted for a time, will my conscience allow me to view this blood as still part of me, thus not requiring that it be ‘poured out on the ground’? (Deut. 12:23, 24) Would my Bible-trained conscience be troubled if during a medical procedure some of my own blood was withdrawn, modified, and directed back into my body? Am I aware that refusing all medical procedures involving the use of my own blood means that I refuse treatments such as dialysis or the use of a heart-lung machine? Have I prayerfully considered this matter before making a decision?" -- Kingdom Ministry 11/06, p.4

So this means that storing blood is permitted for testing and treatment purposes....with subsequent "redirection"/transfusion back into the body of obedient Witnesses with GB trained consciences.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Taking fractions of blood derivatives is a matter of individual conscience for Jehovah’s Witnesses, just like some people feel they should in conscience be vegetarians. In that context if one said they would not eat meat, would it be logical to argue that eating the components that make meat really is the same as not eating meat? Of course not! {I have commited vegeterian vegan friends who totally abstain from any and all animal products they know what abstain means} Useful facts: 1) Jehovah's Witnesses now accept EVERY fraction of blood except the skin of the red blood cell. 2) Hemopure is apparently whole (cow's) blood. 3) Red Cross ALWAYS take the white blood cells out of blood... i.e. no whole blood transfusion except on the battlefield. They literally throw them away, as they represent the PATHOGENS of the former donor!

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

bttt - I gave blood for the first time just the other day. It was a pretty cool experience, and completely painless. Took about 60 minutes, as I was a brand new donor.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

MUST SEE 3 new videos on the Red Cross blood donations for Jehovah's Witnesses who cannot donate themselves,but still use blood that others donate on their behalf.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/medical/225784/1/March-2012-Interview-with-Dr-Fridey-CEO-of-the-Red-Cross-headquarters-in-Pomona-Calif

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit