My JW Brother-in-Law's Crisis of Conscience

by arko_n9ne 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

Me and my brother in law share a computer at home. We have different accounts and for the life of me, I still don't know his password.
    But it hasn't stopped me from putting "apostate" literature on his desktop screen. I am an amateur IT geek who knows the ins and outs of computers, so I don't look twice at things like passwords.

Anyway, a few months ago, I slipped three files onto his desktop. Crisis of Conscience by Ray Franz. Shepherd the Flock 2010 Elder's Manual. Pay Attention to Yourselves and the Flock 1991 Elder's Manual.

Unlike the other "apostate" literature, these three files are still there. He even organizaed them on one side of his desktop, away from everything else. And from the data checkers, he's been reading CoC. Alot.

I'm happy he is reading the book and whatever the motive for keeping the manuals, at least he's keeping them. They're forbidden to the Rank & File, so he knows he shouldn't have them. But he does, and small victories are victories none the less.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Keep us informed as to how things develop

good for you arko

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Down the track if you can put Don Camerons "Captive of A Concept" for him to peruse i`m sure that would do the trick.

just a suggestion

smiddy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL. The Witnesses are weird and unpredictable. I sent my BIL a DVD with a PDF of CoC on it- I can do that kind of sh$t because I was never baptized- and even when he and my sis visited me- not a word was said about it. I think he is an elder, too....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Reading for himself, with no pressure from you, may well be the best way to go, he is only a few clicks of the mouse away from finding out more if he wants, and I am sure he will.

• steve2
    steve2

There's something more than a little unethical about your thread: You're boasting about your skillful dishonesty in accessing your brother-in-law's computer, putting stuff on his desk top without his knowledge and keeping a track of what he accesses? You're a very clever man aren't you? Imagine if this was done to you by a JW putting pro-JW stuff on your computer without your knowledge. You'd be crying foul in no time and using it as evidence of their unscrupulous ways.

Sounds like you should be the one with the crisis of conscience.

• arko_n9ne
    arko_n9ne

@Steve2

You have been insulting me and talking down to me since my 3rd topic post (9th post altogether) and I had to do research on you because I couldn't understand why you're being a colossal turd to me.

So let me repeat something I said in reply to your first ingratiating response to my topic:
    "if anyone thinks so then please send me an email with the congregation they go to and i will leave an apology with a vow to never reference people and experiences in the experiences section of the forums."

Well? It's been over a month. Where do they go?

Let's share guideline 1 for posting on here, shall we? Please avoid "Insulting, threatening, or provoking language."
    You're smart enough to know not to threaten someone because of the legal ramifications, let alone what will probably happen to your account. But you have been provoking me and insulting me almost every time you talk to me.

Take a look at guideline 4: Please avoide "Breaking the law. This includes libel."
    The definition of libel:
    "libel (for written, broadcast, or otherwise published words)—is the communication of a statement that makes a claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government, or nation a negative image. This can be also any disparaging statement made by one person about another, which is communicated or published."

Are you seriously going to tell me that in this post and the Russian Government commentary that you never posted anything similar to the definition of libel?

I cannot understand why you are singling me out. I truly can't. I would love to see what responses you get in a topic post entitled "Why arko_n9ne bothers me." You have been the sole nay-sayer in the JWN Public's responses to my comments.

I took you back to gradeschool in our last go-around. Let's see if I can put you back in daycare.

Steve2 accuses me of:
    "putting stuff on his (brother-in-law) desk top without his knowledge."

Ryan Kent says:
    "$2000 to the person who can quote me that I put these files on his desktop without his knowledge." I'll settle for "putting stuff on his desk top without his knowledge."

This is a baseless, uninformed accusation. Putting stuff on his account desktop without his password does not indicate I did it without his knowledge. Nor have I used any words or wording to indicate as such. The closest would be the word "slipped," but in it's private sense, it means to pass something to someone secretly. Again, there is no admission or denial of my brother-in-law's knowledge. For all you and the World Wide Web are aware, he knows but I'm not making a spectacle about it.

You do not get to make any more false accusations about me @steve2.

Focusing on the other point of contention you have with my post:

@steve2 doesn't like that I'm:
    "keeping a track of what he accesses."

Ryan Kent says:
    "Unless you are under my roof, are a friend of mine, have any idea of the goings on at this house, or see how the story unfolds, then you have no idea why I am keeping track of his actions on the computer."

$500 to the one who can quote me on who this computer belongs to.
    Extra money to the one who can quote why I am keeping track of my brother-in-law's activity.

Steve2, you DON'T know the answer to either of those two questions, and because you decided to run your mouth to me on my 9th post, you won't know. Nor will others. I remember some guy who I never heard of using a screen handle that rhymes with "Leave You" talking down to me for posting personal details about others. Despite my challenge for this seemingly uptight individual to expose my error in posting those details, I was being mindful of what he asked of me.

I don't post intimate details when I write topics now. And now this same guy is making accusations about me, insulting me, based on what I wrote using the guidelines HE suggested.

I am new and you are established steve2. I got that. I also got from your treatment of me "once a Witness, always a Witness." You are condescending, judgemental, and factually inaccurate in undeserved accusations. I would hate to think that given time, most people on JWN will conform to your "once a Witness" attitude to newcomers.
    Unlike you, I don't pass judgement until someone has wronged me. Your first contact with me was patronizing and judgemental. ANd those colors don't fly in my ocean.

You have been making strident efforts to discredit me. Why? Only you and God know, but at this point, I don't care. You've been here since the end of 2004. I would have figured you'd realized after all these years that the only way to take someone down is with their own words. Your accusations don't match my words at all. Never have. Never will.

Instead, you resort to taking liberties (like the WTS) with sentences of mine and providing an empty meaning that suits your need (like the WTS). You (like the WTS) make efforts to dictate the way people talk and when they conform, you hang them with that rope (like the WTS). But with me, you need to have a few extra knots. I've got a thick neck and a heck of a backbone. I don't take well to what you're trying.

I will leave you with a quote from some random guy on here who seems to think this quote is clever enough for a t-shirt:

" the JWs wll love you because you are a perfect specimen of how they envisage opposers and/or apostates to be: Sensationalist and unbalanced" -steve2 (JWN Forum, Kelly Jarka Case pg2, 2012)

And I say that with alot of irony. So if you decide to reply, do understand that the next insult (which I avoided with you) or accusation (which I avoided with you), unless you can hang me with my words once and for all, I'll be sending a PM to the big boss.

~Ryan Kent

• steve2
    steve2

Ryan, your impassioned response tells me that my responses to you have significantly upset you. You also write about my language insulting you and then refer to me as a "colossal turd" which probably shows how easily communication between people deteriorates - despite our mutually good intentions. I have no desire to keep engaging in a tit for tat with you - especially now that I can see how upset you are. It was never my intention for my words to have had such a significantly negative impact on you. I called you to task for some of your statements and you hit the roof big time.

Therefore, the most principled thing I can do is apologize for hurting your feelings and I will think carefully before replying to any of your posts in the future. I would apprecaite it if, under the circumstances, if you would accept my reply. Steve

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

I wish my JW relatives would read Crisis of Conscience. Good job arko. Maybe someday he'll escape the Watchtower Cult.

• moshe
    moshe

CoC is the one that really grabs a JW by the cahones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit