Got a couple of questions for an Electronic Engineer.

by Voices 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Voices
    Voices

Alright...So i have a motor (very small air freshner size) that I took apart from the circut board and also the battery source. I took the positive and negative wires that are connected to the motor...and took out separate battery wires ...of positive and negative. I sourced them together. Red to blue...positive to positive....black to white...negative to negative...

Then....I put in the battery.................and the motor came alive. (of course) ....although for someone that doesnt have ANY training of this stuff and is a Nurse...I'm pretty suprized this worked, but it does. (now thinking about it, why wouldn't it right?) ...

Alright here is where I need your help. I have the power source (two batteries) that can be put together and the motor comes alive continuously. But This isn't what I want. I want to be able to push a button and for as long as I hold the button down...i want the motor to run. When I let go...I want it to stop.

Now i'm going to need a button ...So just before I blow this motor up and meet Satan in a fire collision (i doubt it, the motor takes 2 double A batteries, not a generator) ...I'm thinking i'm going to need a tack switch. Now from the research i've done, i'm thinking that i can apple motor and batteries to this one switch and it SHOULD be able to push and move...let go...and stop? Am I right on this?

here's the dosey.... (for us Non-Engineering type). Now I have ANOTHER thing, ...this is actually needing to be hooked up to the SAME switch. So it also turns.../acts at the same time as the little motor turns, and it stops when the button is depressed, with the motor as well. Is there a particular switch that I can connect these four wires to? And can all this be done without a circut board or something?

Now, the last thing, then i'll letcha guys be. I'm also trying to make another one Just like this, but this time, I don't need two things to be connected up to one tack switch. i'm thinking I should be able to take motor and put a tack switch on it...and be able to make it 'work' whenever i push that, and the light to work seperately when i push that tack switch, using the same tehcnique. So i'm thinking this:

What type of tack switch will permit each of those things? where one push will make both light1 and motor1 to work....

and a separate motor2 and separate light2 that will come on each seperate from eachother (motor2 and light2), where i'll push ONE and only ONE will come on (motor 2) or press the OTHER tack switch ...and light2 should come on. ...

Let me know if you know.

Me

p.s. sorry about the blank post, it accidently got posted by hitting 'enter'.

p.s.s. by the way this is for a costume idea i have for the next burningman, in florida. (*oh no! he said where he lives! Sarasota to be exact!*) Youtube burningman if you want to know more...

• Azazel
  • Voices
    Voices

uh... i dont see anything, I think you pulled a 'voices' byy hitting 'enter' and posting unintentionally.

Me

um...No one's gone to the burning man festival? ...My name is NOT Troy. Yort. ...j/k it's habibe. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jm1PMU6jLk

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I don't know take battery out when you don't want it to work and in when you do????

but hay just a fella nurse

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

You can use what is called a double pole switch, it closes two circuits at the same time, it will have four terminals, one for each contact.

If you want a switch that only works when you push it that is called a momentary switch.

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/PB-176/DPDT-MOMENTARY-PUSHBUTTON-SWITCH/1.html

• Voices
    Voices

FS:

you are too cute! But alas, it's vital for me to have it work that way.

ManInTheMiddle: Seriously...the name alone says you've done it! you've answered the question! woohoo!! Thank you. Much appreciated. unfortunately the people at HOME DEPOT...gave me the WRONG task switch. I didn't think anyone was going ot respond and they were closing within the hour so I had to rush out and get it. Instead, now i PUSH it, and it stops, instead of the other way around. But.. what you've said, i'll have to go out and get it. Thank you again for your help. Much appreciated. When I die at 90 years old and burn in hell, i'll ask God to give you a 'switch' to heaven if your next to me. Like you just gave me? j/k

Lates

Me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit