Open letter to Lilacs

by Julie 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Julie
    Julie

Dear Shari,

We here all know you (some better than others) and care about you. We all know you well enough to know your heart is in the right place. You have told me in e-mail how you try to do things better for your kids than you had it, we all do. If you didn't give a care, why would you mention such concerns to me? Easy, you wouldn't.

This is the kind of open letter any single mother trying her best *should* get. Encouragement and love to you. Don't hesitate to ask your friends here for help in any way. If you don't believe we can be of any assistance in RL, well you just go ask Wendy about that.

I know you try, I know you care, I know you love. That is all I need to know and that should be good enough for anyone.

Warm regards from one mom trying her best to another,
    Julie, of the We are all just trying to find our way Klass

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thank you Julie, I appreciate your kindness.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

AMEN!

"Brother, you better get down on your knees and pay...a thousand more fools are being born every f***ing day" -Bad Religion
  • waiting
    waiting

To add to the Amen!

This is one subject many of us know about - parenting as a one-parent family - particularily the woman alone.

I did it, with 3 little ones, for several years. Which, in retrospect, were better years than being married to my first husband (the infamous jerk).

Lilacs - you've got plenty of company here, and in the Real World. We are Legion.

Take care.

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Lilacs,

I second what Waiting said. I raised 4 kids by myself (at one time i had 3 teens and a pre-teen). Those were tough times. It would have been great if i'd had a computer and the net. But i took a lot of refuge and comfort in just reading novels.

You're doing great i bet!!

Pat

WTBS: Quit peeing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
  • mommy
    mommy

Lilacs
    I already spoke to you in email, yet I want to jump in here too. You have all of my understanding, and support. I, like Patio, stayed up into the wee hours reading or doing cross stiching projects. Anything to take me into my own little world for a moment, that was if I wasn't tired enough to stay awake. Your children look beautiful and healthy, and that is the most important thing.

I also know what a jab it can be for someone to critisize when you are working your tail off, and trying the best you can. Just remember that is all you can do. There is no denying you have a wonderful fun loving spirit, and I for one wish you the best.

Like I said I would be glad for them to come and visit anytime. Okay I would really want to come there, I miss my mountains haha. Hang in there Sister!

Waiting,
    The infamous jerk haha funny how most of us have that in common as well
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Thanks everyone!

Like I said, it is hard at times, but I do the best I can with what I have.

My kids are happy, healthy, and loved. That much I am sure of.

Love to you all(((((((((((((Big group hug)))))))))))))))))) Thanks again.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit