Letter To NBC

by Bangalore 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• wobble
    wobble

Funny how ,as an active JW ,I would have seen this letter as reasonable and right. I now view it as part of their sinister plan to keep a lid on the paedophile problem.

That was , and is, their only concern, minimise bad publicity. The victims do not matter, implementing an active programme to protect the vulnerable was, and is, of no interest. The WT/JW religion is a Paedophile Paradise indeed.

• cedars
    cedars

"We therefore do not view them as adversaries, but as individuals whose views and opinions should be heard within the framework of the congregation....."

This is a new one on me. Please could somebody tell me how the 'framework of the congregation' enables individuals to express their views and opinions???

Cedars

• N.drew
    N.drew

They know they will lose face so they refrain.... I wonder how they know? Hm. Seems to me it is the place between a rock and another hard place...

• N.drew
    N.drew

cedars, you know perfectly well that you can have a difference of opinion from the friends...for a very, very short time.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks N.drew - yes I know how it really works. All questioning and expressions of alternative thinking within a congregation are ruthlessly silenced. Although evidently JRB (or whoever wrote this letter) didn't get the memo...

Cedars

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That's interesting. First I've seen this one.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So, judging from the date on the letter, I'm taking it that almost 10 years has passed since Dateline's shocking expose' on JWs, and what has changed?

Nothin'.

So much for The Power of the Press.

Fact is, most people couldn't be bothered because, much to their chagrin, JWs just don't matter. 1/10th of 1% of the world's population, who erroneously happen to think that they somehow have a greater significance or importance in life because of some ficticious divine position.

(Romans 12:3) . . .For through the undeserved kindness given to me I tell everyone there among YOU not to think more of himself than it is necessary to think. . .

DOC

• cedars
    cedars

I wonder who could possibly be referred to by the initials JRB??

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/bible/219546/1/J-R-Brown-at-local-k-hall

Cedars

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Hence, the WTS had reason to disfellowship the person(S) who appeared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit