Breaking News from Steve Unthank - Police Launch Investigation into Traralgon Congregation

by Broken Promises 78 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

I guess it was just a matter of time before all of this would come out so publicly and how fitting that it came out from down under.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Yes! It came out from down.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

I was thinking about Flippers dream where he dreamt that he and the Mrs. walked into a convention. He reflected when he woke up about how a complete stranger including child molesters could walk in and befriend parents to get to the children. Flip said there are no check systems in place.

So then I remembered how during the announcements they remind the flock to not leave valuables because of the unsuspecting bad element that could wander in. What about our most valuable children? No, it's all about the money. They don't care about the children.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thank You for the update. As usual this case has me at the edge of my seat!

It's without question a Pandora's Box, isn't it?! I guess I should say the WTS is a Pandora's Box full of evil/dark secrets.

I dunno, I feel bad for all those who truly believe that the GB has JW's best interest at hart. I have a sick feeling in my stomach and feel rather sad these evil men (GB) have mislead millions upon millions of people, as well as my own family, and one time even myself..... :(

Once this case really get's going I wonder if they'll be thrown in jail. I hope so

• life is to short
  • flipper
    flipper

WHEREWASI- Good point you make. To the WT society it IS all about protecting the money- NOT the children. Nice to see you and LDRNOMO again ! We'll have to chat sometime !Mrs. Flipper says " Hi " ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I admit that the news sources generally get some of the details wrong, but it is crystal clear that the congregation in question did pull down a sign that showed the time of a "school" that we all know children attend and participate in. I have little doubt that the congregation, via some lawyer and/or legal technical speak, did try to deny the existence of such a thing. They probably told themselves that "school" is a misleading term and that they can claim later that it is not a school in any traditional sense of the word, despite their calling it a school.

I admire Steve Unthank for being able to continue with his actions. Strength to him. While it seems he is not in this for any money, I hope he does pursue a civil suit for their going after his employer to get rid of him.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I wish this would hit some sort of newsline so I can show it to my wife

• life is to short
    life is to short

wha happened I too wish it sould be on some soft of newsline but look how long it took Pen Sate to make the headlines.

I am just glad that Steve Unthank has taken it this far, my hat is off to him.

LITS

• I_falcon
    I_falcon

Hello everyone...

I'm new here, but not that new to the JW issue. I grew up in a JW family like many of you, or some of you.

I've done incredible amount of study on the JW's the past 5+ years, and have sometimes been shocked and horrified at what I also found to apparently be 'true'. I was already basically 'out' of the church, but I wanted to know for myself (and ultimately for my family's future) why it was looking so problematic to me. It was a very difficult shift for me -- but as they say, I wanted THE TRUTH. It took a LOT of soul searching and seeking my own conscience and carefully re-examining my very own thinking that i was 'given' from this church. It does take some courage to honestly assess the issues. And I needed plenty. It's a shift in thinking really. When you read JW material, you have to be careful about logical problems, including a major use of 'logical misdirection', as well as N L P. I'm sorry to say, some of what they tell you is true, is simply not true at all! It's up to us to realize it, and come to our own conscience about these matters.

Check out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQBKmIFqcc

Now - I've been reading through this very thread, and to be honest, I am horrified at what I am reading from most of you! It looks like most of you are acting like paparazzi, and drooling for blood, and for someone to "go to jail", even one comment about "pedophiles dont do well in prison". What I am seeing here appears very close to hate-mongering. Are any of you self-confessed hate-mongers??? I fully realize the sensitivity, and long term nature of the damage this church does, and BELIEVE ME, I would love to see the church crushed in its following, and I believe it will in time, but I don't see much good from all this 'baited breathe for blood" !!

I would like to direct your attention to the posting guidelines of this very website forum. Look at points 1, 2, and 3 ! Is it wise to post incomplete details of the exact matter while it is still not even investigated, BUT POST THE SPECIFIC CONGREGATION INVOLVED?!

Especially # 2! "Incitinghatred on the basis of race, religion, ...."

How many of you would go and do this??..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVAQ3emFu9U

Please please remember these Three R's. Respect yourself. Respect honesty. Respect your fellow man.

From what I've learned from my extensive and deep study, there is more than enough ammo to destroy the church without even dealing directly with the pedophile problem!

You don't need nukes to get a tree-stump out of the ground....

....falcon....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit