• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

One distinct danger is a distorted

view of the good old days. Our memory

is not always reliable.We may unwittinglyminimize

the problems we had in

the past and at the same time exaggerate

the joys, making it seem that things

were a lot better than they really were.

This distorted recollection can cause us

to long for the good old days. But the Bible

warns us: “Do not say, ‘Why were

the old days better than these days?’ for

it is not wise to ask that.” (Eccl. 7:10)

ISN'T THIS WHAT THE WBTS IS DOING WHEN THEY SAY THAT THE WORLD IS GETTING WORSE EVERYDAY?

WHEN ADAM,EVE,CAIN AND ABLE WERE ALIVE THE MURDER RATE WAS 25%

E LDER-SCHMELDER

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Everything has to be gloom and doom with them. A happy memory may weaken their faith.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Ironic, isn't it. Funny how they can pluck a verse out of the Bible to support any point of view they wish to argue.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

CCMC

Combatting Cult Mind Control page 83.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it is blatant why the old days are better than the present, if anyone is recruited as a witless. I can remember the comparison using the year before I became one and the year after. No, neither was really that great.

However, I noticed much stagnation in the year after I became a witless. First, one symptom is the music. I had to get rid of a lot of songs that had become favorites. Songs like Say Say Say (you know, Michael Jackson), the Thriller album (same problem), We Are the World (the scumbag that dragged me into the cancer claimed that Michael Jackson disassociated in 1985, leaving it in the danger zone), the Off the Wall album (same problem), as well as songs by Madonna (too much looseness), Culture Club (Boy George did horse), and Journey (unknown reason) had to go. As did some old favorites like Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting, Philadelphia Freedom, Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In, and Kodachrome that meant a lot to me when they were out.

Not only that, but when I recreate the music in series, it still sounds weird. I get mini discs with music running the year before I became a witless, it sounds different. And, when I progress to times while I was studying, even when leaving in the bad songs, it sounds more like going into a stagnation prison. And, when I reach the time when I was baptized again even leaving in the bad songs, it just feels more like stagnation. This is worse than traveling to a period when I simply didn't have access to real music or when I was too busy retrofitting music to earlier periods. This stagnation feel is simply a symptom of the stagnation caused by becoming a witless. And, it is worst around the time I was baptized and beyond, despite that the music itself is still of good quality.

Another thing I noticed was my free time. At the time, I had a job that required working lots of hours during the weekends. They were allergic to giving me more than 40 hours a week, so that meant a light schedule midweek. Meaning, lots of free time during the week. I used to enjoy walking to a video arcade some 12 km away, playing with my Commodore 64, and working with my music collection to play when there was rubbish on the radio. Once I became a witless, all that time was gone--wasted in field circus. After that, the most open time was Saturday afternoon and the couple of hours in the morning before field circus. Hardly an improvement.

This article is meant to prevent people from realizing that their lives were better before they became witlesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit