Doomsday covers?

by ex360shipper 3 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

Hey all, I am a little new here so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong section. I am doing a little project and am trying to find "doomsday covers" that portray people being destroyed at Armageddon. I am mainly interested in covers that have WatchTower on them. I don't have any of my old bound volumes, I think the only books left in my house are Insight on the Scriptures, my old pioneer book and my old bethel book.

Thanks!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

lol. the jw's are true christians, they would never depict people being destroyed on the cover of their magazines.

• steve2
    steve2

Sounds like a fascinating project: Examining the magazine covers across the decades to see how doomsday is portrayed. I'm sure you'll get some helpful responses on this site. I expect that the covers have become more pleasant and socially acceptable over the years. Gone are the blatant portrayals of doomed citizens and assorted clergymen falling, screaming and terrified through earthquaked cracks in the ground. I think they portray the loveliness of paradise earth more prominently. However, by examining just the magazine covers, you'd be in a better position to see if this is correct. Good luck with your search.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I don't have any Watchtower covers with people being destroyed, but there are a number of pictures from inside the magazines here.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit