Merry Christmas (The Ghost of Christmas Past)

by sacolton 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hello, everyone. Not sure if many remember me, but I wanted to drop in to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

You might recall I disassociated in 2008 after ten long years as a JW. It destroyed my marriage, but my ex-wife soon left on her own and we remain as good friends. I also helped Dorothy Dunlap (widow of Ed Dunlap) at the request of Raymond Franz, who needed someone to check on her at a local nursing home. Myself and several other ex-JWs took her shopping for clothes, beauty salon and dinner on several occassions. She recalled everything from her early days living at the Watchtower headquarters. Unfortunately, her condition deteriorated with dementia and had to be placed in a special ward. She never remembered me from each visit. Very sad.

I have been keeping busy with helping a non-profit organization in Oklahoma called "Stockings For The Homeless". Each year, a local church hosts a Christmas party and each homeless person receives a evening with a great dinner, movies and a stocking filled with useful items (cap, gloves, toothbrush, soap, etc.) ... other items such as coats are available too.

Here is a photo of me at the "Stuffing Party" getting the stockings ready for Christmas ...

That's me in the back (red sweater) helping with the sorting of gloves, hats and scarf table.

" When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? "'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" - Matthew 25:40

" Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

Much love to you all ...

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

HEY DUDE !

Long time no chat :)

Welcom back and a very merry Christmas to you too !

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Great to hear from you. Merry Christmas.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Wait a minute, now just hold on for a moment there!!!!!! You're supposed to be bitter and angry, and selfish after leaving Jehovah!!!!! You're not supposed to be smiling while looking out for your fellow man and providing practical assistance to those in need!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

LOL! Don't I know it.

Life just kept getting better and better for me outside the Watchtower. Love helping "worldly" people and no guilt-trip about it. It's a wonderful feeling. Never felt this way stuffing Watchtower & Awake magazines in door cracks and under mats. I do get a sense of joy finding some JW magazines and throwing them away. Gives me warm fuzzies inside. :)

Peace.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Hi sweetie remember me?? I sure do remember you. Wondered how you were doing
    All the very best to you & yours...I remember when you were with Betty,
    Guess I will be next not to rememeber anyone...

• sacolton
    sacolton

Great to see you, grandma! Hope you are staying warm and comfortable this holiday season! God bless you.

• only me
    only me

I remember you

I love that picture, it's good to seeyou're doing so well. Merry Christmas!!

• clarity
    clarity

Oh wow, being generous & friendly to others is wonderful!

Nice to see you again, have fun ...and happy new year also!

clarity

• Bella15
    Bella15

Oh HOW AWESOME TO HEAR YOUR STORY ...

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND KEEP SPREADING lOVE !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit