End of School for Now ( I should be excited.........but)

by out4good3 4 Replies latest social family

• out4good3
    out4good3
    This post has been rated click to view
  • InterestedOne
    InterestedOne

Congratulations on finishing your bachelor's degree. You're a good man trying to go easy on her. I feel so sad for people in situations like that. It shouldn't be that way. I don't know why people continue to believe destructive religious ideas that, as you said, view you as nothing more than "dressing up a pig." I've read even worse things JW's have said from the platform about a non-JW mate, and they are just cruel. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hey, that's great news. She should be happy for you, but at least you can be happy for yourself and for making your life better.

--sd-7

• noni1974
    noni1974

Congrats!! I have just begun my educational trail last fall. I'm one year in and I know that my life and my own sense of self has changed beyond any expectation. My last semester which ends this coming Friday has been my hardest so far. I've had a change of major to deal with and classes that I do not need anymore to finish that I refused to quit. I never that or anything else get in my way. My worst subject is math and so far it has been easy for me to get a B in. This semester I have not had such an easy time and I'm pleanty disapointed in myself. I know that if I just apply myslef it will work out, this time it hasn't been that easy. Math has gotten the best of me this semester.

My main learning point is that I must apply myself more and not let anything get in my way.

In the last year I went from being a high school drop out to a Phi Theta Kappa scholar with 2 stops on the Dean's List. I need to learn that any adversity or road block I come across are not made to stop me but to teach me to be a better student. Maybe my 3.6 GPA is not my best?? Maybe if I applied myself to my studies more I could get a 4.0. However this semester has been my hardest so far and I am pretty sure that I will not get my 3.5+ GPA that I'm used to. This time I'm going to get less. I will use this as amunition to do better next time. I am determined that I will have my first graduation and I am determined that I will have Honors at my graduation. PTK and Honors classes combined. I just need to let go of my self dislike for not preforming up to the level I set for myself. I need to learn that it's ok to fail. I never let myself learn that before.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis
    This post has been rated click to view