I read this, and it sounds so Reminiscent of the Borg

by Judicial Committee 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

Saudi Arabia Beheads Woman For Practicing 'Sorcery' | Fox News

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/12/12/saudi-woman-beheaded-for-practicing-sorcery/?test=latestnews

Saudi Arabia's strict interpretation of Islamic Shariah law calls for the death penalty for offenses such as rape, murder, APOSTASY , armed robbery and drug trafficking.

• steve2
    steve2

Actually, I don't think it's reminiscent at all. To the best of my knowledge, while JWs may hate and despise apostates, they do not call out for governmental authorities or any other worldly authorities to kill apostates (and their expressing a belief that God will destroy unrepentant apostates is not the same - unless you are speaking metaphorically?).

• Judicial Committee
    Judicial Committee

It is the Jehovah’s Witnesses pervasive desire to hold to what they deem as Gods commandments at all cost, they are Anal Retentive no matter how many people are hurt or how many families are destroyed they still call it “obeying Jehovah” when in reality it is obeying Not God at all, but Men; and Only Men.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I think that it is more than a metaphor to say that J W's have similar attitudes to the extremist laws here posted up. Take this example :

Watchtower 1952 11/15 p 703

"We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. “Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee.”—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshipped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

So a "Theocratic" law would have us executed, just like in Saudi. We are , after all, part of the AntiChrist (rs p 33) .

Of course all dubs do not have murder in their heart when they look the other way rather than greet d/f'd ones, but I have known some who have confessed a real antagonism .. They all believe that it is right and just that we die horribly on the field at Armageddon, even if they allow their "heavenly brother angels" to wield the sword
  • Bella15
    Bella15

Excuse, but I know that some hard core JWs would LOVE to take matters into their own hands and kill all "apostates" -

OF COURSE they will not call authorities, they belong to Satan's world, they would do it themselves in a bit if "new light" hits them !!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit