governing body salary

by leftchica 5 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• leftchica
    leftchica

Does the Governing Body make money? Is this only KNOWN once you get to the position or is it something elders hope to reach one day? With all the money being made in real estate who profits from this? What I don't understand is why they own so much real estate and the rank and file are told to have meaningless jobs which many do, and reap financial crisis because of it. Are the governing body still believers of "the truth" too and are puppets just like the jws or do they know its all a lie and continue to mislead?

Im trying to understand the LOGIC in all this, maybe there isnt any..lol. But most cults have a leader and the leader reaps all the benifits of power and money and control. So they have the power and control, obviously the real estate is worth millions,,do they get a salary and do they live in fancy townhomes? I heard they dont even preach door to door, so do they live normal lives or live at bethel.

Im trying to show my jw husband the truth, having some info on the men he "relies" on would be helpful! I just don't understand thier positon really, I know they oversee all congs and make all desisions but is that it? Do they have extravagant lives and not follow their own advice? Do they really believe Jehovah speaks to them or do they know its all bullshit?

Any info would be great! thanks!!

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

@leftchica...I lived and worked with the GB and other WT officials for over ten years. They are not paid a salary. They receive the same monthly stipend as everyone else at the Branch Office. Of course all their travel, healthcare, etc are paid for by the WTBS. While the WTBS has millions of dollars but I have never seen any evidence that any WT officials benefit personally from the money. They live and work at the WTBS facilities. To escape the paying of taxes they all sign a vow of poverty.

There are individuals among the leadership who are focused on power and control...however most are sincere and believe what they are doing is right. They have suspended reality and handed their minds over to someone else...and that is the way most of them want it.

• leftchica
  • N.drew
    N.drew

I have heard that the Governing Body members love to hear themselves TALK. So their "salary" is lots of adoring ears that never judge what comes out.

Also, they get to travel where ever they see fit under the pretence of "Jehovah has sent us". I do not know if they travel first class, but somebody might know.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

GB members young enough to enjoy life are traveling and being treated like royalty by JW's wherever they go. That's their payoff. While not racking in millions, they don't need a car or a home. They don't need to pick up the check at restaurants- either it's an expense or (more likely) those that suck up to them pick it up.

And don't forget the green handshakes. Since they don't really need them, they probably pass money on to family.

• sir82
    sir82

Their salary is POWER.

They have convinced 7 million people that God speaks to them and them alone.

Power is the strongest drug on the planet. These guys have power that dictators would envy.

If they chose, they could wake up tomorrow, decide "Hey, Jehovah is a trinity after all", print a 3 page article in the Watchtower on it, and bang! 7 million people would shift their beliefs instantly.

They would never do anything like that, of course; but they have absolute knowledge that if they wanted to, that's exactly the way it would work out.

They control what people think and what people do - to the point that people even shun family, and allow their children to die, to please them.

Most of the planet's wealthiest people would trade all of their wealth for that level of prestige and power. The GB already have it.

And as OTWO noted above, they get all the perks of massive wealth anyway - luxury apartments, low stress work, first class travel to exotic lands, green handshakes from wealthy JWs, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit