U.S. Army Policy Letter Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses And Blood

by Bangalore 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

U.S. Army Policy Letter Regarding Jehovah's Witnesses And Blood.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bangalore

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Very interesting...

basically saying that they will not honour the JWs stand and if they are military family thay will be shipped off elsewhere.

In otherwords, ''you aint gunna die on our watch'' so bugger off!

Thats my take on it...

oz

• ~Question With Boldness~
    ~Question With Boldness~

Army Wife here,

How in the world did you ever get hold of an Army Memorandum? lol

And the biggest question, what is a "dedicated witness of Jehovah" doing in the military in the first place?

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    And the biggest question, what is a "dedicated witness of Jehovah" doing in the military in the first place?

My dad was in the military when he converted to the JWs. He eventually got himself discharged as a conscienctious objector.

I'm not sure if he got baptised while he was still in the military, but he was certainly a true believer while still in the military. If the situation had come up, the blood thing would have been an issue for him.

• sabastious
    sabastious

The US Army will never let a solider die needlessly. They completely ignore the Witnesses belief on blood when the soldier's life is at stake. Admirable!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Welcome to the forum QWB. The answer to your question is in the OP let me quote it:

It is not uncommon, however, for current military members to become converts of the religion

^ Once a convert, the Witnesses are going to tell the solider that he has to leave the service asap and to refuse a blood transfusion say something should happen in the meantime.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    In otherwords, ''you aint gunna die on our watch'' so bugger off!

Can you imagine the media frenzy? "US Soldier Dies After Refusal of Blood Transfusion." The public would regard that as insult to injury and there might be an outrage.

-Sab

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

OK Folks. It's been awhile since I posted last but this Title peaked my curiosity. Thanks Bangalore. Unless the body of elders or the societies stance has changed which I doubt, any soldier, their status being active duty, inactive reserve, reserve, national guard, down to the exception of retired, CANNOT be a 'dedicated servant of jehovah' as symbolized by their water immersion (baptism). I was an active duty member (****) and could not get baptised until after my discharge.

The Army Memo is very correct in where an active duty member falls in regards to his or her medical care. The needs of the government comes first to the needs of the member. The government needs healthy, fully capable soldiers ready to serve all missions. When the members beliefs interfere with the mission, then action needs to take place. The Medical Board is there to look at the physical injury and determine whether it is temporary or permanent in which case the member could be discharged under several conditions. The Medical Board can also be convened to determine the mental status of the member. The member can be discharged as a consciencious objector, or held and punitive measures can be given up to and including brig time in which case the member will feel righteous because the elders would have informed him that this punishment is due to his staying loyal to Jehovah.

The elders have been trained themselves to say only enough to create the thought in the members mind that he/she makes the final decision. Never will the member be able to say that the elders told him or her to defy orders from their superior officers.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

When you are a member of the U.S. military you are legally property of the United State government. I have been told by persons who have served that they have seen or have been personally disciplined for destruction of government property for getting a sunburn. If the military is going to put fuel in their tanks and bullets in their guns they will put blood in their injured troops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit