Im a mormon

by deservingone26 55 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

2 Billion christians are wrong godrulz

WAIT, WAIT, WAIT. I stopped short here. Designs, are you saying that godrulz is back on the board???

AND, is godrulz trying to convert someone who has admitted to being bipolar and off medication?

NC

• strymeckirules
    strymeckirules

have you actually read a bible all the way through?

did you read to understand and learn, or just to say you read it?

whay i ask is if you had read the warnings about false prophets in the bible, you would have no problem figuring this one out for yourself.

remember, they will become angels of light to decieve you. question everything and demand a reasonable logical answer.

read and understand what the ancient scrolls have to say.

the god of heaven does not live in man made temples.

RESEARCH is the key to the answers you seek.

i just hope you have the diligence to do the research. most get lazy....and never fix the situation they are in.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Great posts by all. Fiery, informative and funny per the norm. I agree Shades. The scriptural evidence equating Jesus Christ with God [obviously seperate from the Father] is overwhelming. Only diehard unitarians will continue to deny what the scriptures actually say. It's sad to see that they always address God's oneness and never acknowledge the scriptural truths written for all to read.

IE - My friend DESIGNS posted 2 Billion christians are wrong godrulz, ask a Rabbi what 'One God' means, it is different from what the RCC defines 'one god' to mean.

Revisionists ssssshh.

Designs, Designs, Designs, Been reading the 'should you believe in the trinity' booklet again. Haven't you learned that booklet is full of lying garbage? Sheese. I know that I've pointed this out to you on other occassions, perhaps you had forgotten, but because you are a 'student' I shall try to explain to you again in laymans' terms. In the Hebrew language [the language of the Old Testament] there are 2 words for one. The word 'yachid' refers to a singular one meaning only one. The other word for one in Hebrew is 'echad' wich means a compound or unified one. Examples in the scriptures include 'evening and morning becoming one ['echad] day, husband and wife becoming one ['echad] flesh and the Lord God is one ['echad] God.

Of course, the word Trinity is not present, but God being one [yachid] singular is also non-existant in the OT.

Respectfully,

DC

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well I'm atheist most days, agnostic others, but I go to the Unitarian Universalist church---Unitarian being a perjorative term given to them for not believing that Jesus was God, so they adopted it. But here is the thing that confuses me----What does the Trinity brochure have to do with it? Is that the ONLY way anyone on this board can come to the conclusion that Trinity is not a bible teaching---even if they don't believe in the authority of that bible?

Sheesh. It get's so old hearing others accuse posters of still being under the control of the cult they escaped. Plenty of people don't believe in the trinity.

NC

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I don't know much about Mormons.

I do know that they were highly influential in trying to make polygamy protected religious behavior under Utah's law. They fought all the way to the US Supreme Court in Reynolds v. US in the 1800s. It's a super famous case where the Supreme Court said that states can regulate religious behavior (i.e. different from religious belief). After that case, the Morons switched to believing in polygamy (in heaven), but not actually officially practicing it in the U.S. However, break-away sects do partake in polygamy. you should read Reynolds and its commentary.

I also know that ex-Mormons think it's a cult. Mormons follow the BITE model of mind control. Perhaps you should google, "BITE model and Mormons" and "BITE model for Jehovah's Witnesses". The two "religions" are very similar; and you may be confused that any religion that follows a BITE model seems more real to you (just like abused women tend to gravitate towards abusive men).

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

New Chapter you need not believe the scriptures, but you need not also to deny what is written and ignore it. Being a unitarian you probably [like many JWs] accept only portions of the scriptures or perhaps there are portions that you do not accept would be a more accurate statement.

Often people post about what Jews or Muslims or Mormons believe and try to equate that with Christendom. Of course it doesn't equate. Ask Christians about Christianity, not Jews or Mormons or Muslims.

You don;t go to a dentist for broken limbs, right?

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Often people post about what Jews or Muslims or Mormons believe and try to equate that with Christendom..." TTWSYF

Aaaarrrrgh.... nonactive facepalm

The Middle-Eastern THREE...

ALL THREE of those groups of religions ORIGINATED IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND ARE BASED UPON THE WORSHIP OF MIDDLE EASTERN GODS...

The only difference between Christianity and the other two, is that Christianity incorporated a NUMBER of PAGAN Greco-Roman ideas into the Jewish MIDDLE-EASTERN mythology/theology...

Zid

• tec
    tec

It get's so old hearing others accuse posters of still being under the control of the cult they escaped. Plenty of people don't believe in the trinity.
    I am one of those who doesn't believe in it. I didn't believe in it before the witnesses (though I can honestly say that I did not even know such a teaching ex isted); I didn't believe in it after the witnesses.

I just honestly don't see it. I would never have come to it; reading the bible on my own. It would have had to be taught to me. I'd have wondered at some passages that grant the same titles to Christ as to God, (as I did) and researched reasons for that. (as I also did)... but I can't say that I would have thought... oh, Jesus IS God... or given that any credence, unless someone else gave me that idea.

But in either case; I look to Christ to see God. No one goes to the Father, other than through the Son.

Peace,

Tammy

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

2 Billion christians are wrong godrulz, ask a Rabbi what 'One God' means, it is different from what the RCC defines 'one god' to mean.

Revisionists ssssshh.

Why would a Rabbi's concept of the nature of God be any more reliable than a Catholic Scholars concept, or for that matter a leader of the Watchtower or Mormon Sects. It is all just human opinions.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Being a unitarian you probably [like many JWs] accept only portions of the scriptures or perhaps there are portions that you do not accept would be a more accurate statement.

I don't accept it as the word of god at all. My point was simply that many people other than those who read the Trinity brochure don't believe in it. Unitarians, historically, are some of them. Today, since they are Unitarian Universalists they have many varied beliefs. Just as JWF says, it's ALL human opinion and there is no need to tell people that don't see it YOUR way that they are ignoring or dismissing or not accepting. That is how they see it, which is just as valid as how you see it.

TEC is a firm believer, and she doesn't believe in it. Are we going to question her faith or sincerity in reading the bible? The council of Nicea did actually happen and Constatine DID have a say in this doctrine---and he was a pagan that worshipped many gods and didn't understand all of the issues at hand. This is not only a JW theory, this is what I learned in my college history class.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit