My first Thanksgiving dinner was ..........

by Dudu 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Dudu
    Dudu

AMAZING!! Last nigth I got together with some friends and my boyfriend and we spent the night sharing and talking about the year. To me was something I have never experienced before, and with great food, great company. One of the things im thankful for is to have found this site, otherwise my exit from JW would have been more traumatic...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Happy thanksgiving! I celebrated my first in over 20 years yesterday. I went to my Unitarian Universalist church where a few families decided to celebrate together. We watched some movies and ate more than humanly possible. The bulk of the food was prepared by one woman (in the church kitchen which is huge). She made 4 hams and several turkeys, which just turned out to be so much food we all nearly brought a full ham home. Others contributed some side dishes, but even so, SHE had made enough sides to do the job. I couldn't believe it, but she loved every minute of it. We wanted to help reimburse her for the money spent, but she set out a basket and said if we wanted to put money in it, it was going straight to the food bank.

Wonderful people. Wonderful time. How could that ever be viewed as evil?

NC

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Wonderful people. Wonderful time. How could that ever be viewed as evil?

Only in Watchtower World.

Think About It

• Quandry
    Quandry

Glad everyone had a nice time.

I went to my Aunt and Uncle's house, saw my cousin, his wife, kids, and some of the wife's family. Everyone was nice, and the food was delicious. No one was a JW so there was no talk of how close the end is, or how bad worldly people are.

Refreshing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit