RIP - The last good JW I knew

by metaspy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

I just received an email.

The last JW that I absolutely loved died yesterday.

He was funny, loving, kind, smart and quirky.

When he was the TMS overseer, if you did a substitute talk he would say "I'm going to put a 'G' under point number 99: Suave, Sophisticated and Debonair" (that was back when we got graded).

And, he was very intelligent - we played Trivial Pursuit (his favorite game) - he got all the pieces, except Sports, on his first turn. He never watched sports so he never knew the answers.

Rest In Peace - I hope that God allows you into heaven even though you were part of an evil cult

• freshstart
    freshstart

I'm sorry for your loss and all I know is that if God exists (I'm still searching) he's definitely reading this man's heart and will show great kindness to him

• talesin
    talesin

We had an elder who lived next door, he was sweet like that. I do not think this man you loved so dearly would be denied a just reward.

RIP

• metaspy
    metaspy

talesin, essentially that is what I hope.

Surely, if I can see that this man was amazing - he can too

• truthseeker1969
    truthseeker1969

It is sad. I remember as a child an older brother who loved everyone, never had a bad word to say and passed away.

I was broken hearted as he lived his life under the golden rule.

If you laughed he laughed with you, if you cried he cried with you, if you needed a shoulder he gave you his.

heartbreaking but God reads the heart and I am sure he has a special place!

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

He sounds like a very special person. I hope the good memories of him will comfort you at this difficult time. All the best to you and his friends and family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit