February 15 2012 WT on jw.org

by Gayle 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gayle
    Gayle

scanned very quickly,, don't think I noticed anything about "apostates," there. I am thinking, was there anything in the Jan 15 WT about apostates either?? What a disappointment! (could have missed it)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not apostates this time, but a couple of points that got to me :

"Preserve The Positive Spirit of The Congregation"

"We are wise to limit our association

with people who are negative or who

are promoting an independent attitude.

—Prov. 13:20.

13 The corruptive influence of murmuring

can lead to other spiritually

damaging developments. For example,

murmuring can disrupt a congregation’s

peace and unity. Moreover, voicing

complaints against fellow believers

may not only cause them pain but may

also deteriorate into the sins of slander

and reviling. (Lev. 19:16; 1 Cor. 5:11)

Some murmurers in the first-century

congregation were “disregarding lordship

and speaking abusively of glorious

ones.” (Jude 8, 16) Such murmuring

against responsible men in the congregation

certainly did not have God’s approval."

So keep on a happy face , never tell anyone that an elder is not doing his job well, even if he is not......

Happiness is Possible in a Divided Household

"The apostle Peter provided inspired

counsel for Christian wives living in religiously

divided households. “Be insubjection to your own husbands,” he

wrote, “in order that, if any are not obedient

to the word, they may be won

without a word through the conduct of

their wives, because of having been eyewitnesses

of your chaste conduct together

with deep respect.” (1 Pet. 3:1, 2) A

wife may be able to win her husband

over to true worship by being in subjection

and showing deep respect for him,

even if he treats her harshly."

Could be useful to those of us whose wives are still in, and some give husbands a hard time even want to leave if we leave the Borg...

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

For a spiritual paradise there sure are a lot of murmorers and "wicked" people.

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

Hi Gayle, not sure what you're looking for concerning comments regarding "apostates"; but if you're looking for the one about being "mentally diseased" I think you should check the July 15th-- page 16-- para 6 'study' issue not available to the general public. A side note: I have been encouraging my friends to ask the Jdubs for the study issue when their home is knocked on with the comment that they want to know 'the real, cultish truth about what is taught, not the public, more acceptable, watered down, introductory version'.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think it does talk about apostates but sort of a preventative measure. If someone decides to think for themselves and expresses it, people will either dog pile him to correct his thinking or just isolate him

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Some murmurers in the first-century congregation were “disregarding lordship and speaking abusively of glorious ones.” (Jude 8, 16) Such murmuring

against responsible men in the congregation certainly did not have God’s approval."

That's right! If they are good enough for the Holy Spirit (to select for appointment), they should be good enough for you!

DOC

• sd-7
    sd-7

“ ‘See, now,’ ” said David, “ ‘I am

dwelling in a house of cedars while the ark of the

trueGod is dwelling in themiddle of tent cloths.’

Upon that Nathan said to the king: ‘Everything

that is in your heart—go, do, because Jehovah is

with you.’ ”—2 Sam. 7:2, 3.

As a faithful worshipper of Jehovah, Nathan

enthusiastically endorsed David’s plan to construct

the first permanent center of pure worship

on earth. On that occasion, however, Nathan apparently

expressed his own feelings instead of

speaking in Jehovah’s name. That night, God instructed

his prophet to take a different message

to the king: David would not build Jehovah’s

temple. The person to do so would be one of David’s

sons. But Nathan announced that God was

making a covenant with David to the effect that

his throne would become “firmly established to

time indefinite.”—2 Sam. 7:4-16.

It's funny because this totally contradicts how they use this same situation with Nathan to justify their own false prophecies in the Reasoning book. Because it acknowledges by extension that the 'slave class' was expressing their own personal feelings rather than speaking in God's name about future events. And why would this 'slave class' be expressing its own personal feelings in literature that is supposed to be about teaching the truth about God's Word? Since it is well-established that they have done so multiple times, how is the individual supposed to know what part of the Watchtower literature is personal opinion and what part is coming from God?

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Nathan’s

subsequent acts as a prophet show that

he did not lose God’s favor.

--There's the real point, right there. It's subtle--they're saying, without saying it, "Well, the Society's acts after our false prophecies show that we did not lose God's favor." Which is beside the point, as the whole point of the faithful slave being appointed was that it would either gain or lose God's favor in 1919, NOT based on what it did after the fact. (I know, Don Cameron said something similar in 'Captives of a Concept', right?)

--sd-7

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Nothing on apostates but don't miss the secondary article that discussed a bible student whos husband beat her the the night before her study. Her teacher counciled HER to improve and not "feel sorry for herself"!!!!!! There is another thread about it. The attrocious remarks are causing a big stink as you could imagine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit