A holiday first

by corpusdei 3 Replies latest jw friends

• corpusdei
    corpusdei

Last night, for the first time in the almost 15 years since I ripped myself free of that gods beshitted cult, I got to hand out Halloween candy to little kids trick-or-treating. Makes being a new homeowner that much more awesome. Best. Halloween. Ever.

And now that I've actually got a workspace, I can start thinking of some serious costume ideas. I'd love to do something like this. I'll probably never get quite that awesome, but I can still start wishing :)

Not to mention starting to think about Christmas decorations. I'm fully planning on decking the house out as completely as I can manage, then taking a picture to send as a Merry Christmas card to my mom, signed "Finally having a normal Christmas. Wish you were here. Love, Your Son ". And I'll sleep a little more happily, just on the hope that it sticks long and painfully in her craw the next time she goes to the Watchtower study.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

mine too my 1st real holloween but I had to work.... Dressed up and made people happy so what is wrong with that?

• rebel8
    rebel8

that gods beshitted cult

ROFL

Now THAT is going in the next edition of the Apostate Dictionary.

• corpusdei
    corpusdei

Found Sheep>>

Dressed up and made people happy so what is wrong with that?

That whole "We don't celebrate it because it's paaaaaaaaagan" whine (and feel free to re-read that with exactly the sort of self-righteous, kentucky-fried-christ-jesus petulance that most Witnesses seem to adopt when saying it) never sat well with me. Halloween is off the acceptable list because it's pagan, but it's OK for Witnesses to wear wedding rings (with roots in very pre-christian traditions), they'll willingly hang wind chimes (once used to ward off evil) and eagerly celebrate the Memorial (and all it's disturbingly morbid, apotheosis / cannibalistic undertones).

I've never since met a group of people who have such an intense, near masochistic urge to suck every ounce of joy out of life. Outside of Republicans. (and I can make that joke, I voted for Bush.)

rebel8>>

Now THAT is going in the next edition of the Apostate Dictionary.

That just made my day. Whoohoo!!!!!! *does a little dance*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit