Watchtower and Apostasy – Then and Now

by Marvin Shilmer 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Watchtower and Apostasy – Then and Now

Today I uploaded a new article to my blog addressing Watchtower’s historical and contemporary doctrinal position on individuals holding views divergent from those taught by their religion.

My article is titled Watchtower and Apostasy – Then and Now and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2011/10/watchtower-and-apostasy-then-and-now.html

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• johny5
    johny5

hey! you're back

• yesidid
    yesidid

Good one Marvin!

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

Marvin - It is great to have another post from you- you have exposed so much of the hypocrisy on your excellent blog. Thank you.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou marvin for that gem

oz

what a 180 degree turn! If only the jws could see it

• designs
    designs

Just for historical clarity the first letter is by a Bible Student and the second by a JW and they are very different religions.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Another example of the WTBTS speaking with a forked tongue.

Was wondering where you been, Marvin.

• JWStruggle
    JWStruggle

Designs - You said " Just for historical clarity the first letter is by a Bible Student and the second by a JW and they are very different religions."

You are right that they are not the same thing. Bible Students are lovely people and never became JWs-- Rutherford started JWs not Russell.

That said, they still share many of the same doctrinal beliefs such as no trinity, no hellfire, 144,000 going to heaven, 1914 is a marked year in Bible chronology, etc. So you must admit they are pretty closely linked...The BS still to this day are active in their efforts to recruit JWs and reach out to them. And indeed a significant fraction of current BS are former JWs.

• AvocadoJake
    AvocadoJake

Is Marvin "Greg Stafford?" their writing style is quiet similiar but I am probably wrong as usual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit